The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Go wtih Coilovers or Air Ride Suspension?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Go wtih Coilovers or Air Ride Suspension?

Ok, I am having a little dilema on what to do here. Go Air ride, go coilovers, or even just air ride in the front for clearance and coilovers in the rear for handling.... someone help me out here and give me some opinions. thanks in advance.

ok first goin with two different suspension setups will cost you alot of$$. basically the main difference between coilovers and airsuspension is the fact that you can adjust the height inside rather then gettin out of the car.. also, depending the amount of horsepower you are goin to be puttin in your car... sometimes airbags cant handle the power and they'll actually pop. also airsuspension is less stiff then coilovers so if your goin for handling and you dont mind sacraficing the ride quality to much coilovers is the way to go... i was thinking of air suspension but im planing on puting a turbo and 100 shot of nos in mine so i went with coilovers... and if you want my honest opinion its the best couple thousand i ever spent. i got tein "true" high low springs, also from and rear strut bar, changed all bushings, and did a complete chassie stiffining kit. ride quality is alil harsh. but im tellin ya man it handles incredible. also tein has a product out where it eliminates getting out of the car to adjust your coilovers. its all done from inside the car. so if ya want you can check into that aswell.. any questions just hit me up... hope this'll help... peace...
    anthony

hey thanks for the help. I sent you a PM, so hit me back when you get a chance. Thanks

galant2nr
    Horsepower will not make your airbags pop. These are the same bags as used on 30,000 pound tractor trailer setups.
    True threaded body coilovers are the best setup for handling, but you would be surprised at how well my car handles with the air pressure turned up.
    Just my 2 cents...