The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clear Corner Lights

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 51 of 51
    hikix
    its possibly to slide it out without pulling the light apart?? whats the use of a heat gun or blowdryer then?

Jeff
    there's a new tutorial up on how to do it......i did it that way a long time ago and it was a half hour job from disassembly to reassembly.

hikix
    whats the link for the new tutorial.. pinoys tutorial tells me to beat the shit outta the orange reflector then shake it out.. i wanna try it that way but im afraid i might scratch sumthin.. if its easy to break ill do it pinoys way.. do u guys kno how easy it is to break that thing?!?!

dza
    hikix, you are mixing two different ways to do it.

One, Use a heat gun to soften the glue holding the assembly together. Pull the two peices apart, pull out the reflecter. Heat the existing glue back up and add a bit more. Put it back together and even tape it to secure it.

Two, reach in with a screwdriver pushing the reflector to the headlight area. Break it up and pull the peices out.

hikix
    oh ok i got u.. which way would u recommend??

dza
    i've only done #1... it probably would take two people. One with gloves pulling it apart as someone else points the gun. I would only do that way b/c it would eliminate having to worry about scratching up the inside of your headlight... which is obviously easy to do if you stick tools in there pushing a reflecter and breaking it.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by hikix
    whats the link for the new tutorial.. pinoys tutorial tells me to beat the shit outta the orange reflector then shake it out.. i wanna try it that way but im afraid i might scratch sumthin.. if its easy to break ill do it pinoys way.. do u guys kno how easy it is to break that thing?!?!
    http://clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19230

you gotta be brave, cuz you will hear a cracking sound when the reflector is starting to break, but you gotta keep going to get it out. Kinda scary when you do the first one, but you will realize that it had to be done unless you really want to pop the whole assembly apart, which leaves more room for error. get it over with and you will feel better.

p.s. i didn't slide the orange reflector out to break it, just pried on it till it broke. then i broke it up more with the needle-nose pliers. no damage to the inside of my headlight housing at all.

hikix
    haha yah ive been puttin it off for the last week.. im scared to do it.. i just bought this car and i dont wanna fuck it up... i think ill do it on thursday, havent decided which way im gonna do it yet!! :shock:

dza
    both ways have risks. huge risks. give yourself a lot of time and be careful. if you think you are being careful, be even more careful. its very easy to do without flaws. but, if you rush you can scratch the inside... or you could melt too much.

see thats the thing, when u pull on the reflector to break it, try pullin near the top or the bottom of the reflector. that way if you do scratch it, you are not scratching the lens in the middle where it is more noticable.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Jeff
    exactly

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123