The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: NEED HELP - Vis Cyber 2 Kit 2003

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    GTZstreetsports

NEED HELP - Vis Cyber 2 Kit 2003

Ok..I need some professional Galant owner's hwlp, and I need it quick. I bought the Cyber 2 kit from VIS. I am a distrbuter of theirs and they hooked me up really nice. HOW THE HELL DOES THIS THING GO ON??? I have only seen the kit for a few minutes before I dropped it off to the body shop. Now my Body man is ready to kill himself. FIrst of all, each piece says 98-on on the plastic. Second, my rear bumper does no go all t way around to the rear fenderwell. IT is a 2003. THe side skirts don't fit guess cause I have a GTZ and it has the lip on the bottom??? The fonrt piece is just blah. It doesn't fit over the support beam, so we took those out, now it doesn't fit over the mounting bracket for the bumper tself.
    HAS ANYONE DOES THIS OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS? This is not a fake me out VIS. This is honest to go real VIS, nothing else. I don't know what to do, I have an associate's degree in autobody and the body shop guy has been doing this for like 30 years, so we can figure alot of it out, but SOME EXPERIENCE WOULD HELP ALOT. PLEASE HELP GUYS. If you know anyone that has done this to a 2003, the VIS KIT. Have them call me...seriously, I need help like today. 859-221-7121

well, first --the vis kit is meant for the JDM galants - -second, is the support bar will not fit, so you have to remove it and custome fabricate one for your sake!!! -- there has been many many many issues w/ this kit w/ many members on here!!!! ask hourglass 113, he ran into many w/ his! the side skirts, you are just gonna have to extend it w/ some fiberglass to make it fit and make minor modifications to mold it on so it looks good!

and for the rear,the same -
    Semper Fi'

i would say the rear and tghe skirts are the mian pain in the ass, and on the front, well, you're gonna have gap issues w/ the headlights etc. unless you get jdm headlights!!!! thats why i'm getting the USDM initial v (same as cyber 2) bumper, so it'll just bolt on!!

good luck yo
    Semper Fi'

GTZstreetsports
    I have the JDM headlights....I NEED HELP TODAY!!! PLease if you read this and can't help..help me find someone that CAN. THIS is the www.TheGalantSpot.com CAR TOO!!!!

WELL, what else can i say - -if you got the $$$, then your body man is gonna have to work wonders - - some of the members that had problems w/ their initial v kits didn't even bother w/ it - aks hourglass 113 aka anthony or twistedgtz!!

let me search for a topic that was brought up on this!!
    Semper Fi'

yeah fitment issues range from hardly anything with the initial v, to pretty much everything. Your body man is just going to have to do alot of work...

You guys are forgetting one thing. The members who purchased those Intial V kits purchased them from bad companies using bad molds. This is the first time I have heard of an actual VIS not working.

Front bumper will need a new support. You can not use the OEM. So either have your body man who says he has the 30 year experince custom fabricate one for you or import a JDM one.

Side skirts will always need to be molded on. So your bodyman should no how to do this since alot of kits out there need to be done this way.

The rear I am not sure what is going on there. I need more of an expination.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

eracings

Re: NEED HELP - Vis Cyber 2 Kit 2003

Front Bumper:
    There is a gap under neat the headlight and also inner side by the grill, so you have to refiberglass that. You can go to walmart buy resin and fiberglass for less than $20.
    To fit the bumper there are 2 ways, cut some parts that touch the impact beam from the inside or remove the beam and make custom pipe.

Side skirts:
    It is short, you need to cut and extended. Also remove any plastic cap/cover or original side skirts (if any) first.

Rear Bumper:
    The rear should be ok if you have the add on, if you have the bumper replacement, have fun, it is not easy. We charge installation from $300-500.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZstreetsports)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok..I need some professional Galant owner's hwlp, and I need it quick. Â*I bought the Cyber 2 kit from VIS. Â*I am a distrbuter of theirs and they hooked me up really nice. Â*HOW THE HELL DOES THIS THING GO ON??? Â*I have only seen the kit for a few minutes before I dropped it off to the body shop. Â*Now my Body man is ready to kill himself. Â*FIrst of all, each piece says 98-on on the plastic. Â*Second, my rear bumper does no go all t way around to the rear fenderwell. Â*IT is a 2003. Â*THe side skirts don't fit guess cause I have a GTZ and it has the lip on the bottom??? Â*The fonrt piece is just blah. Â*It doesn't fit over the support beam, so we took those out, now it doesn't fit over the mounting bracket for the bumper tself. Â*
    HAS ANYONE DOES THIS OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS? This is not a fake me out VIS. Â*This is honest to go real VIS, nothing else. Â*I don't know what to do, I have an associate's degree in autobody and the body shop guy has been doing this for like 30 years, so we can figure alot of it out, but SOME EXPERIENCE WOULD HELP ALOT. Â*PLEASE HELP GUYS. Â*If you know anyone that has done this to a 2003, the VIS KIT. Â*Have them call me...seriously, I need help like today. Â*859-221-7121</div>

GTZstreetsports
    The whole kit is getting molded on. THe front we figured out, but I have to do something for a grill cause all that open shit looks like straight ass. The sides were only difficult becuase the 2002-03 have that plastic shit on the bottom of the doors. Bu we have figured that out. THe Back we have also figured out. See I am gonna try and do this by computer so you get an idea of what you are gonna deal with when you get a VIS kit.

Code:
    VIS KIT REAR Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*---- Â* Â* Â*OEM REAR

Â* Â* Â* Â*_________ Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* ___________ Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* 

Â* Â* Â* l Â* Â* Â* Â*l Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* l Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* l 

_______l Â* Â* Â* Â*l Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*l Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*l

l Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* l Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*l Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*l

l Â* Â* Â* ______/ Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*l__________/

l_______/
    So, where the bumper meets the car onm each side, on the OEM 2003 it stops in line with the taillights, on the KIT, it wraps around to the rear fenderwell. I know I am not a professional computer Picasso, but I hope that helps. However, we have figured out away around all the hurdles with the kit, and plan on taking pictures through the whole ordeal. Also, the NIN hood, OH it lines up soooo good. PIctures will be posted when I get back from another 2 weeks of Active Duty. If you didn't know I am in the Army National Guard so, it takes up alot of my summer. Let me know if you have any suggestions. OH and the sideskirts are not to long, but the front bumper does fit like crap around the headlights, and I have the JDM ones,[

eracings
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZstreetsports)</div><div class='quotemain'>The whole kit is getting molded on. Â*THe front we figured out, but I have to do something for a grill cause all that open shit looks like straight ass. Â*The sides were only difficult becuase the 2002-03 have that plastic shit on the bottom of the doors. Â*Bu we have figured that out. Â*THe Back we have also figured out. Â*See I am gonna try and do this by computer so you get an idea of what you are gonna deal with when you get a VIS kit.

Code:
    VIS KIT REAR Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*---- Â* Â* Â*OEM REAR

Â* Â* Â* Â*_________ Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* ___________ Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* 

Â* Â* Â* l Â* Â* Â* Â*l Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* l Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* l 

_______l Â* Â* Â* Â*l Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*l Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*l

l Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* l Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*l Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*l

l Â* Â* Â* ______/ Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*l__________/

l_______/
    So, where the bumper meets the car onm each side, on the OEM 2003 it stops in line with the taillights, on the KIT, it wraps around to the rear fenderwell. Â*I know I am not a professional computer Picasso, but I hope that helps. Â*However, we have figured out away around all the hurdles with the kit, and plan on taking pictures through the whole ordeal. Â*Also, the NIN hood, OH it lines up soooo good. Â*PIctures will be posted when I get back from another 2 weeks of Active Duty. Â*If you didn't know I am in the Army National Guard so, it takes up alot of my summer. Â*Let me know if you have any suggestions. Â*OH and the sideskirts are not to long, but the front bumper does fit like crap around the Â*headlights, and I have the JDM ones,[</div>

If the side skirts fits then VIS modified it already, we have brought the JDM kit here and we have to modify the front and side to make it fit. The rear fits okay but it just hard to install. Thats why we charge 6 hrs installation for this at $50 per hour.