The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: torque

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    9BLACKSTALLION9

torque

how can you add more torque to your 8g with out any problems????

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    buy a new car. there will always be problems down the road.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

9BLACKSTALLION9

@@

of course you will always have problems regardless, you have a new car or not. just b/c its new doesnt mean it wont give you problems. !!!!!!
    so much for you mouth opening

I increased my torque by adding an intake, headers, exhaust and FPR. Wound up with 160WHP and 171 ft/lbs of torque. Haven't experienced any major problems except a couple of stray SES lights which turned out to be a dirty MAF sensor vane.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

tim888tim
    Man and that is with a 6! Us 4-bangers are out of luck unless we go to RIPP.

leadfoot
    that's true but if you build the motor you can hall some serios ass ask headacke on the bottle and with his motor built he ran a mid 13!!! then again you can build the motor then get an SDS and you maybe even faster than that.

00GTZ00

Re: torque

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9BLACKSTALLION9)</div><div class='quotemain'>how can you add more torque to your 8g with out any problems????</div>

Trade it in and get a car that comes from the factory with a turbo/Supercharged 4 or 6 cyl or buy a car with a V8.....

leadfoot

Re: torque

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00GTZ00)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9BLACKSTALLION9)</div><div class='quotemain'>how can you add more torque to your 8g with out any problems????</div>

Trade it in and get a car that comes from the factory with a turbo/Supercharged 4 or 6 cyl or buy a car with a V8.....</div>

just get a 350 and put on the new supercharger they have comming out you will be in the 12's easy and with a shit load of torgue.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Why is the main concensous of this post to get a new car with more torque, why not just work with what you got. If all your problems with getting more hp or even torque is to get a new car, we all should be driving Big V8's, but we all dont.. Just do the basics like we all do, it will take time, but it will be fun and worthwhile.
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Zivman
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadAche
    Why is the main concensous of this post to get a new car with more torque, why not just work with what you got. If all your problems with getting more hp or even torque is to get a new car, we all should be driving Big V8's, but we all dont.. Just do the basics like we all do, it will take time, but it will be fun and worthwhile.
    Be careful adding too much power to the autos. I dynoed my auto at 161 hp and then added the borla catback and 1K miles later I blew apart my flex plate - shot it right out of the tranny. Thank god they are covering this under warranty. I don't have $5500 to spend for a new tranny, oil pan, and drive shaft that were damaged from a broken flex plate