The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shave emblems

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    teetaw1213

shave emblems

i hear everybody talking about shaving your emblems how do i go about doing this

SkunK
    Shaving Emblems means taking off your car's badges like "mitsubishi" and "S, ES, LS, GS" and the little diamond star. To do it just take a razor blade or something thin like that and wedge them off. There will be some adhesive that gets stuck on your paint, but just take a rag with some cleaner and scrub it off. It makes the car look cleaner IMO. I did it on the back of my car... you can look at my pics w/ the link below.

teetaw1213

emblems

thanks man i have already seen your car before i show everybody what your car looks like man your car is badass like damn but thanks dude

TGC Regular
    Yeah another method is to use fishing line and "floss" it off...then remove the excess glue, and maybe wax/polish it to finish it off
    Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"

Experienced TGC Member
    I would keep razor blades as far away from your paint as possible..
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

teetaw1213

emblems

so what is the best way to take off my emblems and what do i use to clean off the glue

TGC Regular
    i think the best way is the fishing line..thats mostly everyones method.....some just rip it off with their hands..

To get the glue off...depending on the year of your car it may harder to rub of......if you have a 8g it should come off with no problem. Just have to use some elbow greise and peel it off with your finger nails....its not hard at all....you'll see once you attept it
    Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"

shaving emblems for me was a PITA, i used GOO-GONE to get the glue off, came off easy, then some polishing compound and whala.....

http://members.cardomain.com/qnzfinest

another tip is to park your car out in the sun for a lil bit before shaving your emblems. the sun will heat up the adhesive and make things easier to work with.

if you have one of the older galants, you might wanna be cautious with shaving your emblems. i know with my 2k, when i shaved off my big mitsu emblem, i noticed a slight color variation between the area under the embelm and the rest of the car. things could be more severe with a 7g since they are older.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

teetaw1213

emblems

thanks guys i took my emblems off today and did the fishing line thing and just peeled the glue right off then used a rubbing compound and wax and its looks GOOOOOOD!!! thanks for the advice guys [/code]

Quote Originally Posted by 2True
    I would keep razor blades as far away from your paint as possible..
    I used a flat head screw driver and left a few scrapes, but it didn't matter cause The car was going to get painted.
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

Ok heres exactly what I did. I didnt have to go out and buy anything to remove the stuff, and it was very fast and easy. I left my car in the sun for the morning. Took fishing line and gently cut through the glue removing the emblems. I also remove the "galant" letters on the chrom. There was some glue left on the car, first i started with a very soft terry cloth and started removing as much as i could with that. After i got the bigger chunks off, I got WD40. Just spray some on, and wipe it off. Works great, really well on the chrome. Anyways, thats how I did it, and I had zero problems with it. I would definatly NOT take anything to it that could scratch it like a razor blade or flathead. That is just unessisary, and frankly I would say stupid when you could do it just as easy if not easier with fishing line. Anyways, just my 02 cents.

MISOBITCHI
    Quote Originally Posted by BLsGalant97
    Yeah another method is to use fishing line and "floss" it off...then remove the excess glue, and maybe wax/polish it to finish it off
    I shaved my emblems off today. I would of never though of using fishing line, hehehe thanks for the suggestion.