The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: help find a gauge bezel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23
    VIO

help find a gauge bezel

hey, i'm looking for a perticular type of aluminum gauge bezel. NOT the one from speedhut or ebay. i want one that has rolled edges as opposed to just laser cut edges that are flat and sharp. the pic below shows what what i mean by rolled edges. i found a website that sould one for the 8g but i lost the link and i can't find it. can anyone help???

have u tried www.procarparts.com? other than that i duno where u could get one like that....
    Diego

VIO
    Quote Originally Posted by galantv600
    have u tried www.procarparts.com? other than that i duno where u could get one like that....
    well, yeah, that's where i got the link to that picture from!!!

VIO
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2428240694

i finally found this bezel on ebay!!! here's the link if you want to get one. i love how the edges are rolled as opposed to straight cut.

Atlanta - shout out to San Pedro and Panama - que sopa!?
    yo i got the chrome bezel w/ the rolled edges. i ordered it throught summitracing. its just a sticker and its not worth the money. i went to the ebay sit above and that's the exact one i have. like i said its not worth it unless thats what you're looking for. when i ordered it i thought is was actual metal. 40 of my dollars went down the drain for a sticker.
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT // 3.4L V6
    ____

The SPOT!! - - Dirty South Imports

damn that sucks... thanks for the warning. If you were interested - Cali has 2 sets of the CF bezel for sale. I think he is asking $20 each. Hit him up if your interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Injekt
    damn that sucks... thanks for the warning. If you were interested - Cali has 2 sets of the CF bezel for sale. I think he is asking $20 each. Hit him up if your interested.
    i may be slow but what is a "CF bezel"? is it better than what i have? i'll be happy to peel that damn sticker off.
    ____

Quote Originally Posted by BiGSHUN
    Quote Originally Posted by Injekt
    i may be slow but what is a "CF bezel"? is it better than what i have? i'll be happy to peel that damn sticker off.
    cf bezel is strong i just ordered mine from speedhut.com but its aluminum... its just an overlaay with double sided type... about 20 bucks shipped in 2 - 3 days! ill post pics when i get it/.
    Diego

VIO
    well fuck! :evil: does the damn thing even look like aluminum? is it at least hard plastic or is it soft vinyl?

it's soft vinyl. if you are expecting aluminum, its not gonna look aluminum. to me its kinda bland, although it is different and it is a mod. it just doesn't do it for me. i guess i'm more upset cuz i spent 40 bucks on it. per note above from galantv600, i'd rather have the aluminum.
    ____

Jeff
    cf bezel that cali is selling = real carbon fiber bezel

VIO
    well shit. if it was plastic i could at least paint it with aluminum paint. well i only spent $17 on it. i'm still pissed though.

Quote Originally Posted by VIO
    well fuck! :evil: does the damn thing even look like aluminum? is it at least hard plastic or is it soft vinyl?
    I bought the first brushed aluminum bezel from Speedhut when they started production several months ago. It doesn't have rolled edges, but it's real aluminum, not an overlay. Since then, everybody on ebay has a copy. I can speak for the Speedhut one. It's the real deal.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Get the Speed Hut gauge bezel, you will not regret purchasing one. I really like the way it looks. Check out my "Cockpit Picture". Here's the link:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/spiritborn

VIO
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    I bought the first brushed aluminum bezel from Speedhut when they started production several months ago. It doesn't have rolled edges, but it's real aluminum, not an overlay. Since then, everybody on ebay has a copy. I can speak for the Speedhut one. It's the real deal.
    yeah, i was about to buy that one but i stumbled upon this one. i had wanted one with rolled edges for a more finished look. did you install yours over your existing bezel or did you remove the black pastic bezel? one of the reasons i wanted the rolled edges was so the bezel wasn't floating way above the gauges. i guess i'll just turn right back around and sell this piece of vinyl on ebay.

VIO
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritborn
    Get the Speed Hut gauge bezel, you will not regret purchasing one. I really like the way it looks. Check out my "Cockpit Picture". Here's the link:

that looks pretty damn good. i'm keeping my stock gauges which is why i want an aluminum bezel. it's a great contrast. you should get the white hvac overlays to match your gauges.

...you should get the white hvac overlays to match your gauges.
    Where can I get those?

VIO
    Where can I get those?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2428604936

i've talked to a couple of people that have these and are pretty happy with them. they are just overlays of course and you have to have a real steady hand when applying them but they're pretty sick looking. i remember seeing a pic on this board of someone who had these. look around you might be able to find it. i remember that the thread wasn't about these though.

hey spiritborn, where can i get colored hoses for my engine? also, where did you get the angel eyes fog lights? what brand are they. i bought some a month ago and they were too big. i thought they were the same one's i seen in a super street mag.
    ____

Where can I get those?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2428604936

i've talked to a couple of people that have these and are pretty happy with them. they are just overlays of course and you have to have a real steady hand when applying them but they're pretty sick looking. i remember seeing a pic on this board of someone who had these. look around you might be able to find it. i remember that the thread wasn't about these though.
    Just so you don't get too disappointed, this is just a thin indoor grade vinyl sticker that goes on your AC controls. It doesn't replace any of the existing parts, and you have to remove the AC knobs to put it on.

Why do I mention this? Because removing the AC control knobs is a major bitch. I actually cracked my AC bezel trying to get the knobs off. They're locked in with a retaing ring and gear, which I found nearly impossible to remove.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast