The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Altanator belt

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Altanator belt

I got battery problems at first i thought it was a shitty battery. Then I changed it. Not to long that battery discharged to. just recently I found there is a slight cut in the altanator belt. Could this be the problem?
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

doubt it. unless its slipping constantly. But if that were the case, youde not only hear it, but it would undoubtedly have failed long ago.

unless its SO loose that it provides no tension whatsoever. which also isnt likely.

Livn2sk8
    what exactly is your car doing?

The batter dies over night and sometimes during the day.
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

If you have a 95. Have you done a TSB on the Rear defroster. Check that the rear defroster button is not pressed. (On mine the light is dead) so I check everyday now after been stuck 3 times in brooklyn during rush hour by the airport.

If your switch is ok- (by the way test by removing the fuse) then check your alternator. But take it to a place that repair alternators and starters not to autozone or similar the test that you need requires that you take the alternator out of the car. My had this problem it passed autozone, a mechanic but it failed when I took it to an alternator place.