The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stupid Question about carpetting the interior

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    The 99 Galant

Stupid Question about carpetting the interior

I was reading all your postings on how you redid the interior of your car with some carpet from some company, but, and this may seem dumb, but why not just go to say a junk yard and ask them if they have any 8G galant that came in recently, like real recent, and ask them if you can have the carpet from it, granted it being the color you want. I was looking into redoing the interior of mine cause now its tan and i want black or grey interior. That was just a thought i had on it. I know junkyards let the cars sit out but sometimes if you find them on the right day they might have gotten one in or there might be one in good condition inside and all that was messed up was the exterior, say the engine bay. I would think this would some money and would make putting the carpet down a lot easier since it would fit in the factory position. Well post a reply and tell me if thats already been thought of and done or if i'm just an being dumb since it is like 3 am here where i am.

Jeff
    because the only 2 colors the stock carpet comes in is beige and grey. most of us are going for black, so we had to improvise. good thinkin' though. if it was that easy, mine would be done by now.

The 99 Galant
    yeah i guess they should try getting new color schemes....i wonder if the diamante's would work. I think they have black for it?....it would take some trimming to make it fit in but maybe

Dying the carpet is no big thing. My car started with a beige interior now it is black and burgundy. Most people can't even tell that I changed it. The only thing that didn't take well to a color change was the seatbelts and I have plans for those too.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search