The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help! Need to find the tutorial page for JDM tails

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Help! Need to find the tutorial page for JDM tails

Got my JDMs without a harness and a bulb. Cant find the turorial page for them. Also what kind of bulb shoud i get, Ive seen someone have a blue colored one that blinks while parked. Dont know what its called or where to get it? Need some direction here. THanks

there is already a post going about this problem. I have not heard any word from the members that have posted tutorials but I have talked to one member who has made a harness. Note: I have already visited AutoZone and Advance Auto and they don't carry a harness to fit. But the member I talked to told me to go and get 4 sets of taillight harnesses for a 02-03 Nissan Maxima. You will have to fabricate your harness from the four sets that you purchased. The price of each varies to location. I have them ordered and supposed to pick up tomorrow to make sure that is what I want. Note: I asked for discount for buying several and they reduced the price noticeably.

i found the tutorial me and reelax made a few years ago. can't upload the page since my online hosting is down. but here, let me copy and paste things

Since the JDM and US taillights are the same size, shape and bolt pattern, putting in the taillights are not a problem. They are put in just the same was as you would US Spec taillights. Since there is a different number of bulbs between the JDM and US spec taillights, another bulb and socket need to be added to the US spec wiring harness.

* Enlarge the holes in the back of the JDM taillights to accept the larger US Spec Bulbs.
    * Purchase an amber single filament bulb and socket.
    * Ground this new socket with the common ground of the wiring harness.
    * Reroute the positive signal light lead to the new socket with amber bulb.
    * Tap the brake positive lead to the second double filament socket and bulb.

I nor anyone at The Galant Center Shall Be Responsible Modifications to Your Vehicle. Use this page at your own risk.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

thanks

thanks that's a major help