The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BRAKE PROBLEMS (HELP)

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    miamigalant

BRAKE PROBLEMS (HELP)

has anyone had problems with there breaks and calipers...my breaks ate up both my rotors, and it has happend twice already...anyone know how i can fix the problem let me know

Senior TGC Member
    My pads usually wear out every 6k miles hehehehehe...my rotors are still in one piece
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Rallifan
    My pads usually wear out every 6k miles hehehehehe...my rotors are still in one piece
    wow thats fast LOL, try to avoid breaking while in high speed, because that can make the pads wore out fast.

You guys have some crazy problems. I got one for you...... I have changed my pads around 12000 miles ago and I have this nasty warped pulsating crap going on. Some times it's really bad, some times not and at various different speeds. But all of my pads on all 4 corners are like new and won't wear down. Factory pads but it's blue out of the box, lol. So go figure!!!!!

It's definitely time to start shopping for new rotors or a BB-kit before I get desperate and pay full pop. So anyone need new quality rotors perhaps even a nice BB-kit? Someone start one 'cause I'm interested, hehe.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Senior TGC Member
    Brakes...the funniest behaving component of our cars. Mitsubishi should win an award for this.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

BlueESV6

Re: BRAKE PROBLEMS (HELP)

Quote Originally Posted by miamigalant
    has anyone had problems with there breaks and calipers...my breaks ate up both my rotors, and it has happend twice already...anyone know how i can fix the problem let me know

I noticed your riding on 19" wheels and that may be helping the brake problem. Earlier posts talked about having to use more brake to stop with larger diameter wheels. You may be having to use more brake and wearing out the pads/ rotors faster. You may want to look into the big brake kit or try crossdrilled/ slotted if you haven't yet. The crossdrilled may be a cheaper way to go but may not fix that problem...

Good Luck

galant2kde
    ahhahaha my shit wore down after 5k miles and the dealer gave me a run around and i paied like 500$ for new brakes and rotors and yea they said MY TIRES IN THE FRONT A WORN WHAT THE FUCK DOES WORN TIRES HAVE TO DO WITH BREAKS GOING DOWN and yea i dont break hard at all rarely use the fuckin things just off the start i like to floor it, so is mitsu really runnuing me around and the dealer says te breaks supoosed to last 20K and if everyones breaks are going in 5-6K miles somehting is wrong thats like everytime u get an oil change u need new breaks too and possibly rotors, some one start something with me agianst mitsu and fuck them up for this i want my 500$ BACK!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by galant2kde
    ahhahaha my shit wore down after 5k miles and the dealer gave me a run around and i paied like 500$ for new brakes and rotors and yea they said MY TIRES IN THE FRONT A WORN WHAT THE FUCK DOES WORN TIRES HAVE TO DO WITH BREAKS GOING DOWN and yea i dont break hard at all rarely use the fuckin things just off the start i like to floor it, so is mitsu really runnuing me around and the dealer says te breaks supoosed to last 20K and if everyones breaks are going in 5-6K miles somehting is wrong thats like everytime u get an oil change u need new breaks too and possibly rotors, some one start something with me agianst mitsu and fuck them up for this i want my 500$ BACK!!!!!!!!
    I suggest you call Mitsubishi head quarters in U.S. here and explain to customer service you problem. Explain to them your history, blah, blah, blah and which dealer and how often. I'm sure they will think of an attack plan and tell you what to do. They should be pretty good about it too. Sorry I don't have their number.

BlueESV6
    Did you have organic or semi mettalic pads.... that does matter! Sorry to hear they went bad so quick... I guess you saw they were bad? The squeekers were going all the time? Otherwise, they may NOT have been worn down and the dealer took your $$$$!!

Dealerships can't live with em and can't live without em!

well having worn tires in the front can suggest alot. off the top of my head RACING. if you are racing or something u could be putting ur car and your brakes under stresses that is not normal thus causing premature wear or problems in the car. but yea nonetheless, if this happens under normal conditions then thats something else.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

halfpt4
    mitsubishi just came out with new caliper slides. it might make your brakes last a little while longer.(that's what they are saying) lol

Quote Originally Posted by halfpt4
    mitsubishi just came out with new caliper slides. it might make your brakes last a little while longer.(that's what they are saying) lol
    What are "caliper slides"? Newly designed calipers? We do have floating calipers already in the 8G.