The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyone with a 7G have Tokicos in the rear?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    brandon

Anyone with a 7G have Tokicos in the rear?

Alright, so I'm trying to put my Eibachs on my Tokico rear struts. I checked the part #s and I know they're correct... I know I have the right springs for the back (the shorter ones)...

WHY DON'T THEY FIT?!?!

The boot of the strut is too small to allow the Eibach spring (or even the stock rear spring) sit on it?

Am I missing something?

Holla at me. I'm puttin the stock front springs on there for now.

How wide is the boot part of your strut?? I know the stock one is like 4 inches, are the KYBs 4 inches?

THanks!

Experienced TGC Member
    The boot? or the spring perch?

Are you saying that you can put the entire strut THROUGH the rear springs if you wanted to? Sorry B, I am trying to picture this in my head...
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

brandon
    That's okay, I'm sure I'm not using the right terminology... haha

You know where the spring sits on the strut? There's like a 4 inch washer that's welded on there on the stock strut.

On the Tokicos, that washer is only like 2 1/2 or 3 inches maybe, and the springs just slide right over the strut, they won't sit on anything.

I'm thinking you can only use the Tokicos with a coilover set up, not a straight spring like Eibach.

I'm hoping the KYBs aren't like this... I'd like to do aftermarket struts over the OEMs.