The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mesh grill...home depot style

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

mesh grill...home depot style

how did titanium2k2 mount it behind his grill and behind the front clip? tempted to go get it today just to add a lil looks to the front end, but i wanna know how he attached it so i dont get creative and go drillin through stuff :twisted: :twisted:
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

gost2002es
    i just made mine a little big so i had to push really hard to get it in. if the measurment is right you dont need anything holding it down. itll just sit in there snugly

Titanium2K2
    i thought that was you who im'ed me but there was no message. anyway, like gost said i cut mine out just a tad bigger than it's supposed to be and pushed it back. be careful though or else you'll scratch the paint. what i did was put the bottom part of the mesh in first and push up, so when you do scratch the paint you'll scratch the top part of the grill where it's not visible to the eye. to give a better example, it's like using a ladder. you put the foot down first and you lean the ladder up against the house. i hope i explained it right and didn't confuse anyone.

gost2002es
    the gutter guard i bought was the white plastic one. i figured it will never rust, plus when your putting in the "mesh" it wont scratch anything cause its plastic. another good thing about this kind of guard is there is a piece of hard plastic at the top so it wont bend at the top, so what i did for the lower part of the grill was i cut it length wise, cut it maybe three rows froom the bottom, made a little slit at the top of it and i slid in over that little plastic piece at the top of thew lower grill. that way 1. it fits real tight, 2 the top will not move from the wind so you dont hafta worry bout tying that down. its working well with me, i just hafta paint it and i'll take pics.

ok, so thats for the bottom part of the front, what about behind the plastic grill/slats between the headlights...?
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

gost2002es
    this is what i did. i cut out a rectangle that was approx the size i needed. overlapped it on and cut out the slots i didnt need, thus making it a little big for it so just push it on in there,