The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stock Spoiler

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    cdaw2001ES

Stock Spoiler

Anybody know what size bolts the stock spoiler is supposed to use, and on the underside of the trunk, are the bolts in the semi flat area around the edge, or are they inside the support frame?

Dre
    Check with a dealer or fellow TGC'er Injekt based on a previous post:
    <span style='color:blue'>http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php...ghlight=spoiler</span>

He also posted this past week about selling his car and having the spoiler installed:
    <span style='color:blue'>http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php...=asc&highlight=</span>

Mine appears to be held together with 3/4 in. length screws (4 of them).

But they are in the semi-flat area you described. The rear bolt on each side of the trunk is located underneath the rubber stopper. The packing piece with it (a thin piece of foam insulation that fits between the spoiler and the top of the trunk) may help with the spacing, although the distance between the bolts are approximately 5.5 in.

cdaw2001ES
    Y - I had invisoned myself spolier in hand(s) at the hardware store.

cdaw2001ES
    Got some screws - 3/4 " was not the right length -1" is good for the rear screws, 1 1/4 works much better on the front screws.

But I still have a problem
    Are the stock screws - wood / lag style screws, machine screws or striaght pan screws. I got staight pan - and only one of them is tightening up all the way two are at least holding the screws, and forth - wont hold 10-32, and 1/4" wont fit, 5MM wobbles, and 6mm dont fit ??
    I wondering if this spoiler is a lil bit F'd. I'm wondering is there a nut molded inside, or is it just formed out of plastic. Could I dirll it out and use toggle bolts? Or should I try a lag screw.

A picture of a stock spolier screw would be greatly appreciated