The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: i want downforce so im stuck to the ground...

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

i want downforce so im stuck to the ground...

right now i have awsome handling 99V6 with progress springs, kyb agx set on 3, freedom designs strut bar and 17" rims with Falken Azenis Sports. i know i can make it stiffer, but for getting better grip im thinking a splitter?(front spoiler thing) and n a good rear spoiler. My freinds n i drive windy roads where we are usually going 70-115mph. I take it to jst about sliding, some times a little, on turns when im going that fast, i want to be able to go faster without sliding, with spoiler ect wont i be able to go a few mph faster if i get a good amount of downforce? So what do u guys reccomend? defintally some type of touring spoiler, but what shape, hight ect and any help would be cool, thanks

p.s i can beat a g35 manual, mazda speed protege manual, 535i and a 330i on the windy roads.

Set your front strut setting from 3 to 2....leave the rear on 3...try that for now

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    well, a rear wing is gonna be alluminum, hence, it'll look ricey, but they are functional if you get the right ones. you can also get a front lip spoiler. i'm getting one designed from a local shop since me and you obviosly share the same driving habits. supposedly my front end will be pushed a little bit down at higher speeds, but for now i'm just trying to stiffen the chasis to further my drifting or "ass dragging" capabilities.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Jeff
    if you get a spoiler, stay away from advanced auto or pepboys. APC wings will not give you downforce. It will be quite the opposite. your ass end will lift up and try to take off, which is not a good thing.

I'm no aeronautical engineer, but on a front wheel drive car, if you increase downforce in the back with a bigger wing or spoiler, aren't you actually loosening the front wheels? When you push down on the back, it seems to me that you're lifting the front. I think a splitter on the front would increase ground force to the drive wheels, and isn't that what you want, a healthy balance?
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Jeff
    excellent point....balance is everything

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    I'm no aeronautical engineer, but on a front wheel drive car, if you increase downforce in the back with a bigger wing or spoiler, aren't you actually loosening the front wheels? When you push down on the back, it seems to me that you're lifting the front. I think a splitter on the front would increase ground force to the drive wheels, and isn't that what you want, a healthy balance?
    i believe you are correct sir. you definatly would want to do both. NOT just one or the other.

...U N D E A D...

Wider tires.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

Quote Originally Posted by jluv97
    Wider tires.
    ^ what he said plus smaller wheels.

also what about some braces or sway bars. that'll make the car stiffer

Diesel

yea i want to do splitter n rear spoiler

i want front and rear spoilers, do get more downforce u would want a taller spoilers right i like this type http://www.importfan.com/product.asp?3=4890 for a splitter i was thinkin somthing along these lines...http://www.importfan.com/product.asp?0=0&1=0&3=2631

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    if you can find, em, then get them

...U N D E A D...

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    If you had a camber correction kit, you could just add more negative camber so you have a wider stance from the chassis point of everything.. From there you can increase speed. We added about 5 degrees of negative camber on my friends 240sx and on this track we run on his average speed went up about 6mphs and his time dropped almost 3secs..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

00GTZ00
    Ever thought about adding "belly Pans" to smooth out the airflow under your car? this will also help improve the down force of your car.