The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant ES with T3/T4 turbo @ 8psi = 280 whp

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 61
    2003galantes

Galant ES with T3/T4 turbo @ 8psi = 280 whp

Hey all I was driving to work today and saw an nice looking black galant drive by me. Had rims,wing and lowered so i pulled beside him to say i liked his ride we and to see if he was with TGC and he told me he just had a turbo put in his car .So he pulled over so i could check it out. That shit looked sweet he had a custom fabricated tubular manifold with a t3/t4 turbo and a external delta wastegate. Hes running 8 psi on stock internals and is getting je pistons put in. The car had all the electronics ( apex boost controller,afc,hks afr,turbo timer) That ride sounded sweet as it took off. He had the kit custom made from a company in west palm beach ( Total Performance & Service) 561-514-3003.. nice thing is that the shop has a dyno in house and they know alot about the 4 cylinder galant. The only problem he said is that his car has the speed govenor at 110 so he has to shut down before that speed or fuel cut will blow his piston. Just given you guys a heads up for all looking for a nice turbo kit. The kids name was Christian

Im gonna have to start saving my money now cause now i got the fever.
    Im gonna call the store to see if they will make a group buy on a kit for people that live in South florida and looking to invest in the kit.Ill try and get some figures from them

Marco

leadfoot
    are you sure that the person didnt have 180 whp instead of 280whp i would understand it untill you said he was running 8psi on stock internals and it was an i4 so that's basically impossible to get those kind of numbers on the amount of psi and on stock internals at that. but at any rate i would like to see his set up regardless of how much power he's gettin

2003galantes
    I asked him and he said 280 to the wheels at 8psi.. NOw i didnt see the dyno but its his turbo not mine so i didnt want to doubt him. But the setup looked clean . Id get it if i could get a deal and maybe i can get some south florida guys to go in with me and maybe we can get a break.Couldnt hurt.

Damn im jealous.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I've heard of those guyz, from what i have heard they do really good work..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

BlaqueOut
    what year was it?

leadfoot
    yeah i wish my galant was turbo charged oh well ill have my SDS soon enough,

akiraflux
    so what year did they take out the speed limiter on the ES? cuz i got mine up to 115...

leadfoot
    i was going on an uphill and couldnt get mine past 105 yesterday but it has been to 115 before. on a downhill i want to get it up to 120 or more but i dont have the balls to do it. that is i dont want to get caught doing to.

2003galantes
    not sure what year it was but it had the 2 piece bumper with the chrome grill .So i know it wasnt an 03. but not sure really cause I was too buisy drooling at the turbo to really talk much :shock: the inside had wood grain on it with beige interior .Im gonna call the shop monday and try to get a few prices and see if i can strike up a deal if i can get group buy or something.lets hope. Marco

280 hp on a 4cyl with only 8psi

8ggalant
    ive burried my speedo past 120 with no fuel mods and i have no fuel mods.....yet :twisted: ....280...dunno...but wahtever he's pushin i kon its kwik...ive herd of those guys also....so is he gonna join tgc...???

leadfoot
    damn it, i went out yesterday and yes there is a govener at 105 i was going down an old buisness park yesterday (very flat and it was sunday so there is no traffic) away ways i was going and when i his 100 he car smoothed itself to 105 i was going in D4 and shifted at around 95 so that it would upshift and nothing for about a quarter mile or so my car was stuck in 3rd at 5900 rpm going 105 the car wouldnt go anymore needless to day i was pissed. that was i would have to say was the worst day for my galant and my pride i have in it i mean come on a 105 govener WTF :evil: so anyways i think this comming sunday im going to go at it again. exept for this time im going to let off the gas when i shift into d4. maybe it will upshift then i can make a definate conclusion if my car completly sucks on top end or it is just slow i am used to ridding in realitivly fast cars my bro had a cl before(he got a 350z now) and for me to be with him hittin a buck 120 a buck 130 it wasnt that big of a deal.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    you 8gers got jipped. my 7g will do 130 easily
    7g for life!

Moosh
    My 7g has no speed limiter.......................... 8)

My 8G can go past 120mph...but i didn't say that 8)

cdaw2001ES
    I know mine will do more than 105 I thinbk fuel cut is like 126 or somethin on my 01 -es, But I'm pushion hard in several directions to get a new ecu - and standalone trany controller produced.

SuperchargedGTZ
    thats odd....i have a V6 SDS with original pulley from RIPP runnin 5-6psi and I am only runnin 260whp....something sounds fishy

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    you 8gers got jipped. my 7g will do 130 easily
    lucky bastard. i can pull 130 but it takes a year to get there
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

ken inn
    i dont know much about galants other than the vr4, but if that car has a 4 cyl, and they are getting 280whp at 8 psi, that is bull. the 4 cyl is a 4g64? 2.4? rated at what, 160hp stock? so whp would be like 110-120. for every lb of boost, rule of thumb is 10 hp. that put it to 180 MAX. where's the other 100 hp? a stock vr4 is rated at 195 hp, and that's at 10.5 lbs boost.

leadfoot
    i was thinking the same but i didnt want to start shit because the man isnt claiming his car is pushing this power he's just saying he ran into someone with a turbo galant that said it does. we all know that it's not possible unless he got a motor build and higher compression pistons along with a shit load of other things that are nessesary to get that kind of power.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast