The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant ES with T3/T4 turbo @ 8psi = 280 whp

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 61
    Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    i find it hard to believe.
    and for the other conversation, my 99 has passed 105.
    -Pedro

2003galantes

building kit ..need a little help

Ok guys since seeing that turbod g i got the fever big time. So i started to get my kit ready.The only problem im having is deciding on which turbo.I was gonna go with the t3/t04e-$550 & turbonetics manifold-$475 & tial wastegate-$220..but that was way too expensive for my budget plus i wasnt to sure if the t3 was too big, so the evo manifold was only $190 so thats a little less expensive plus im gonna go with an internal wastegate instead. now im not sure if i should go with a t28,small 16g , 14b, or t25. i want to keep the boost down cause i dont wanna blow up a brand new car .i want to get the turbo with an internal wastegate at 5psi(or have it adjusted). i dont know which turbo will perform well and spool fast for this engine at that amount boost. Thats where i could use a few opinions. So please all send me your feedback..Marco

kit basics:
    ??? turbo-???
    evo o2 pipe- 200
    evo manifold-190
    piping-400
    intercooler-200
    bov-150
    2 range colder ngk sparkplugs-20
    2g oil pan- 40
    oil supply lines- 80
    vortech fmu-150
    boost gauge-55
    egt gauge-130

extras:
    super afc-280
    apexi turbo timer-125

things i dont think is needed at low boost:
    external wastegate-
    440cc injectors-
    255 fuel pump
    boost controller-
    Low Profile Fan-

Faction
    anything with florida i deal with

ALL FLORIDA MEMBERS!

any galant you see get them to join us.

:scary: Pls stay off that t25 :nope:
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I say if you looking at running low boost run with the 16g turbo.. You could run the 14b but after you start to really hit boost, you will want more power. And if you do run and internal wastegate with the Tial internal wastegate with it fully adjustable up 2 about 20psi... I've built 2 turbo setup's on my ride so far and still havent found the perfect match im looking for.. If you really think of boostin i hope you have internals at least low compistons, wiht new rings to have the load. You will need the fuel pump at low boost because the fuel demand will be crazy your going to lose about 6-8mpg because of the added power not including you will have to run 93octance or higher or you will get a knock... There are a lot of lil basics that your going to need to get before you even attempt to put that bad boy in.Oh yeah the guy claiming 280whp, its not true made a couple calls to a couple of buddies of mine, its more like 170-180whp..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

2003galantes
    thanx for the reply. I am gonna stay with stock internals for now so maybe ill keep the boost between 3-5 psi. i planned on maybe injectors,fmu,safc but i dont think ill need the fuel pump thow but later on wioth higher boost definately. So you think the small 16g would be better for the car then . Is the adjustable internal waste gate expensive and is it hard to install it on the turbo or is it pretytyu much just like removing the stock one and inserrting the adjustable one. Thanx for the feedback. The 16g should be pretty cheap. Ive seen them from anywhere between 200-600. any specific one i should look for ,also what size ar & compressor would you suggest. thanx Marco

Gir

Re: building kit ..need a little help

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2003galantes)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok guys Â*since seeing that turbod g i got the fever big time. So i started to get my kit ready.The only problem im having is deciding on which turbo.I was gonna go with the t3/t04e-$550 & turbonetics manifold-$475 & tial wastegate-$220..but that was way too expensive for my budget plus i wasnt to sure if the t3 was too big, so the evo manifold was only $190 so thats a little less expensive plus im gonna go with an internal wastegate instead. now im not sure if i should go with a t28,small 16g , 14b, or t25. i want to keep the boost down cause i dont wanna blow up a brand new car .i want to get the turbo with an internal wastegate at 5psi(or have it adjusted). i dont know which turbo will perform well and spool fast for this engine at that amount boost. Thats where i could use a few opinions. So please all Â*send me your feedback..Marco

kit basics:
    ??? turbo-???
    evo o2 pipe- 200
    evo manifold-190
    piping-400
    intercooler-200
    bov-150
    2 range colder ngk sparkplugs-20
    2g oil pan- 40
    oil supply lines- 80
    vortech fmu-150
    boost gauge-55
    egt gauge-130

extras:
    super afc-280
    apexi turbo timer-125

things i dont think is needed at low boost:
    external wastegate-
    440cc injectors-
    255 fuel pump
    boost controller-
    Low Profile Fan-</div>

T25's are gated internally at like 7-8psi from the factory. You will need those injectors, else you will knock and run really lean. The fuel pump isn't needed, just rewire your current one. Do NOT buy the 50 dollar autometer boost gauges, in fact do not buy autometer at all. I have heard from countless supra and DSM guys that the autometers are inaccurate at recording boost. Buy a Greddy, Defi, or something decent. Defi's and Greddy's are only like 100 for the cheap ones. Oil pan isn't needed. Just tap the line at your oil filter, use the bottom fitting. The evo mainfolds are indeed going to outflow a 2g manifold, but the price/performance ratio isn't going to be worth it IMOHO. 2G manifolds are easily found, and easily ported. So to with the O2 pipes. 40 bux on average on dsmtrader for the O2's ported.

T25 turbos are fine. Whoever told you tehy are shit isn't quite totally on it. A turbo just needs to be maintained. Follow the simple guidlines

new oil every 2.5 - 3k miles, mobile 1 synthetic ONLY
    warm car for 5 minutes before driving EVER...i dont' care how late it will make you.
    Check for leaks once a day before running the car, even under the hood.
    Cool down teh car for 2 minutes before turning it off

Other than taht, i've seen plenty of 2g's run till 100k miles until they need a new turbo...which will defintily suffice for the time that you would probably be using it for. The T28 upgrade is easily reached and it would flow pretty good. If you go teh 14B route, that's fine too. Same rules, different turbo. I know a lot of guys prefer the 14b, becuase it doesn't crap out on the top end like a T25 will, and it will boost to higher numbers.

Hope that helps

btw, nothing larger than a T25/14b without new pistons and rods first.

Happy turboing!

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Oil pan isn't needed. Just tap the line at your oil filter, use the bottom fitting</div>

Just a note there, the oil pan for the oil return line. You use the lower plug on the oil filter housing for the oil supply line to the turbo, and you have the return line that goes to the 2g oilpan. If you dont want to pick up a 2g oilpan, you'll have to try and poke a hole and weld on some nuts inside the oilpan to atatch the return line. Oil pans are a mere $20 on ebay much easier to just pick one up then start screwing with yours and risk screwing up and leaking oil!
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Gir
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Oil pan isn't needed. Just tap the line at your oil filter, use the bottom fitting</div>

Just a note there, the oil pan for the oil return line. You use the lower plug on the oil filter housing for the oil supply line to the turbo, and you have the return line that goes to the 2g oilpan. If you dont want to pick up a 2g oilpan, you'll have to try and poke a hole and weld on some nuts inside the oilpan to atatch the return line. Oil pans are a mere $20 on ebay much easier to just pick one up then start screwing with yours and risk screwing up and leaking oil!</div>

That's what I ment, sorry. Yeah the pan can be gotten on ebay and stuff...just that a fitting is pretty easy to make and some RTV can go a long way. The choice is up to the installer/pocketbook of the spender. I'm talking strictly budget setup though.

Gir
    Just for your own viewing pleasure, this is a 3g eclipse with a T3/T4 in florda hanging strong with a SRT4 neon that is "slightly modded". I think that is bs, i'll link to an evo 8 being eaten alive by the same car. Point is, if a 3g 4g64 can run this strong on an SRT4, there is a LOT of potential here.

Note, sorry you may have to register. For some reason it's not allowing anonymous into the forum. The filenames are EvovsSRT4.wmv,
    EclipsevsSRT4A.wmv, also for amusement, srtvscobra.wmv. Go kazza those and find em' if you don't want to register.

3g
    http://www.sportsnimports.com/forums/showt...&threadid=20216

Evo
    http://www.sportsnimports.com/forums/showt...ighlight=vs+evo

stryker204
    yea...."slightly modified" dosent seem to cut it for that neon....more like...."im a rich lil prick who like to say im slightly modded" ....but ....thats still a gay lil car....hehe....id take my bishis over that crap anyday

Gir wrote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> T25 turbos are fine. Whoever told you tehy are shit isn't quite totally on it.
    </div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I know a lot of guys prefer the 14b, becuase it doesn't crap out on the top end like a T25 will, and it will boost to higher numbers.</div>

Why would you say it is fine when you said it yourself in the end that they are crap :puzzled1: doesnt make any sense!
    Explain to me why a lot of DSM guys get rid of that turbo as soon as they get their cars w/ it 8)

Now, for 2003galantes. If you just plan to run low boost on your ride right now w/c I wont blame you since your -G- is still brand new. Why not just get Nitrous for now c'uz I bet you, your gonna be more satisfy w/ it. C'uz of the fact that you will get almost the exact outcome for half the price, you could just use it when you need it ( just a switch away) & saves you gas, c'uz your not using that power all the time.
    But, if you havent even break- in your car yet, I wouldn't even bother to get anything not even the basic bolt ons for your car (warranty).

I say if you got the $$$ do what your heart desires man
    16G will be nice...
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

Experienced TGC Member
    Uh forgot whos care it was on 4g64 group I think Moosh knows...

1g DOHC head swap, and 14b and the car was making boost at idle LOL.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

2003galantes
    Yeah the car is brand new i have 2800 miles on the car now. I got my first bolt ons( cai & exhaust..actually same parts rite off my 3g fit no problem on) 1 week after i got the car and i put rims,springs,wing,blackouts,tint,custom leather interior within 10 days after all that. I love the car but i cant live with a stock vehicle its not me .Plus im known for always having a nice hooked up ride. I traded my 2001 v6 eclipse for the galant and before i traded it in the eclipse had a 75 shot of nos(which eventualy was stolen out of my shed),rpw headers,cai,muffler,high flow cat,rims,springs,tint,blackouts,fpr,grill,and Apexi Safc(which i sold cause it didnt work correctly on the v6 model at first). The 3g was nice and fast but nos was running me $25 a refill every 10 days..(way too addictive)and it was a spyder so it was really small inside too.I fell in love with the galant after seeing a pic of how they looked all done up and i was sold on that . If i get a turbo well atleast no more trips to autotronics to refill the tank every week and the money i will save for $75-$100 a month on nos will go a long way on a turbo . Id like to go with the t3 but i can see the parts for the install costing more than the 16g or 14b. I dont really wanna buy a used manifold cause there are alot out there with hairline cracks in them and i dont wanna cut money costs there where its important so a brand new evo manifold is only 190.00 and it flows better than the stock 2 g anyways. I was wondering if you guys now anywhere i can get a new 14b cheap..I dont think getting a used one and taking my chances will benefit my car in the long run.Is it easy to change the stock psi on the 14b down to 4-5 psi ..can i just replace the internal wastegate with an adjustable wastegate from tial,cause it looks like too much work to go with an external wastegate since i have to replumb the dump pipe. Thanx All Marco

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    i have a 14b, not sure if i want to part with it or not. no cracks in the wastegate that i could see. might be planning to be putting it in a turbo 89 mirage if i end up getting it but not sure
    7g for life!

8ggalant
    well since u have a 6 yer gonna have to pay extra for fabrication n/e way...even the mitsu turbos are gonna need a manifold the reason its so economical/cheap for 4 cyl guys is the dsm manifold bolts right up....id say personally save up for a turbo kit or sds....most of the kits have all been running for a while now with no problems...id say invest in that...cuz unless u have a hook up...that prefab'd manifold is gonna cost some change...but hey do whatcha gotta do...im peicing together a kit my self...but i have a 4 cyl..

escoson
    i figure 10 hp for each piound of boost so that would be 80 hp + 140 = 220 wich would lay around 180-190 to wheels. if his motor is built up and all that he can easily have 280 to wheels imo. so i think its possible

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'>i figure 10 hp for each piound of boost so that would be 80 hp + 140 = 220 wich would lay around 180-190 to wheels. if his motor is built up and all that he can easily have 280 to wheels imo. so i think its possible</div>

which engine are u talkin bout 4cly or 6cly... the 4cyl is "rated" at 140 at the crank...but peeple have been dynoed at 100-110 with i/h/e.....so at 8lbs of boost on a 4cly therrs no way in hell (imo) hes makin 280 hp on 8lbs of boost...now a 6 cly makin 280 at 8 lbs of boos is a little more feasable but i'd have to see it myself

Gir
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FastNFabolous)</div><div class='quotemain'>Gir wrote:

Â*<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> T25 turbos are fine. Whoever told you tehy are shit isn't quite totally on it.
    </div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I know a lot of guys prefer the 14b, becuase it doesn't crap out on the top end like a T25 will, and it will boost to higher numbers.</div>

Why would you say it is fine when you said it yourself in the end that they are crap :puzzled1: doesnt make any sense!
    Explain to me why a lot of DSM guys get rid of that turbo as soon as they get their cars w/ it 8)

Now, for 2003galantes. If you just plan to run low boost on your ride right now w/c I wont blame you since your -G- is still brand new. Why not just get Nitrous for now c'uz I bet you, your gonna be more satisfy w/ it. C'uz of the fact that you will get almost the exact outcome for half the price, you could just use it when you need it ( just a switch away) & saves you gas, c'uz your not using that power all the time.
    But, if you havent even break- in your car yet, I wouldn't even bother to get anything not even the basic bolt ons for your car (warranty).

I say if you got the $$$ do what your heart desires man
    16G will be nice...</div>

16G = 200-600 dollars easy.
    External wastegate another 200

total spent 800

if you are just looking for a startoff turbo to get into forced induction, you can't go wrong wiht the T25 setup. Fact is it does hold boost well, and i said it will crap out on the top end, given if you are using a non-ported non-clipped turbo. If you take that same turbo, have it clipped and ported and or have a T28 wheel put into it, you will have a monster in the box that will do just as well as the 16g probably for less jack.

Gir
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>Uh forgot whos care it was on 4g64 group I think Moosh knows...

1g DOHC head swap, and 14b and the car was making boost at idle LOL.</div>

boost creep, port the turbo and wastegate and the O2 pipe and it should eliminate the creep.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast