The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: $5,000.00 to spend...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27
    escoson

$5,000.00 to spend...

hey guys, im getting $10,000.00 in a month or so and im gonna put $5,000.00 into the whip. what do you guys think i should do? i was thinking the following since im still under warranty.

new rims & tires $1,800.00 estimate
    (sick of the 18's i have)

usdm kit & fenders $1,000.00 estimate

paint for kit & fenders $600.00 estimate

now thats $3,400.00 leaving me with $1,600.00 left over and i was thinking the following

chassis stiffening kit,

springs shocks & struts,

leather seats & door sills,

tien coilovers,

complete my system.

now the kit rims & fenders are definate. what do you gguys think i should do with the rest? i dont want to do performance mods so whatever u guys think i should do let me know.

Jeff
    skip the coilovers and just get kyb's with either progress or eibach springs. trust me, you'll thank me for it. bodykit....get the widebody. it looks sick. you might as well get the cf hood while you're at it. and how about donating some to me so i can finish up my ride

widebody kit? i havent seen a widebody kit for an 8g...
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeff)</div><div class='quotemain'>skip the coilovers and just get kyb's with either progress or eibach springs. Â*trust me, you'll thank me for it. Â*bodykit....get the widebody. Â*it looks sick. Â*you might as well get the cf hood while you're at it. Â*and how about donating some to me so i can finish up my ride </div>
    i aggree

Re: $5,000.00 to spend...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey guys, im getting $10,000.00 in a month or so and im gonna put $5,000.00 into the whip. what do you guys think i should do? i was thinking the following since im still under warranty.

now thats $3,400.00 leaving me with $1,600.00 left over and i was thinking the following

chassis stiffening kit,

springs shocks & struts,

tien coilovers,

complete my system.

now the kit rims & fenders are definate. what do you gguys think i should do with the rest? i dont want to do performance mods so whatever u guys think i should do let me know.</div>

you can complete your system here on TGC, plenty of people selling some good stuff at lower prices than the store. Find your HU, subs and amps here and buy the front and rear speakers (to replace OEM) off ebay.

Just a thought that could save you some money to get some HID heads or something!

escoson

Quote Originally Posted by onlyphases
    Quote Originally Posted by escoson
    hey guys, im getting $10,000.00 in a month or so and im gonna put $5,000.00 into the whip. what do you guys think i should do? i was thinking the following since im still under warranty.

chassis stiffening kit,

springs shocks & struts,

tien coilovers,

complete my system.

now the kit rims & fenders are definate. what do you gguys think i should do with the rest? i dont want to do performance mods so whatever u guys think i should do let me know.
    you can complete your system here on TGC, plenty of people selling some good stuff at lower prices than the store. Find your HU, subs and amps here and buy the front and rear speakers (to replace OEM) off ebay.

Just a thought that could save you some money to get some HID heads or something!

i was thinking buying online to. i already have my head unit and front and rear speakers installed. i just need some tweeters a a amp or 2 and my l7 10's

as for the widebody i was una[ware of it but now i am

Quote Originally Posted by onlyphases

chassis stiffening kit,

springs shocks & struts,

tien coilovers,

complete my system.

i was thinking buying online to. i already have my head unit and front and rear speakers installed. i just need some tweeters a a amp or 2 and my l7 10's

as for the widebody i was una[ware of it but now i am
    I know you did not say seven 10s
    :shock:

Jeff
    i think he meant L7's

Diesel
    if i had a lump sum coming like that i'd pay the car off as much as you can...

Jeff
    damn good idea.

MISOBITCHI
    Ill be getting a settlement sometime in the next six months, hopefully sooner, Don't have any idea of what the amount will be but i know most of it will be going towards my vacation which comes first. Then Ill be doing something to my car. Not sure of what. More then likely I will be removing all the dings and painting it.

akiraflux
    i'll be in a similar situation around march next year. whatever is left over from a down payment on house and paying off wifes car goes to my car. i'm expecting a couple k.

Buy 333 pair of glowing fuzzy dice from JC Whitney!

Or, buy 1250 of those 0.25 cent half-inch wide gumballs from the store vending machines (which, incidentally would eat 6.81 spherical feet of space in the ride hehe)

matrix8228
    You can get the projector lights Kyoudan is selling. That would be bad ass. Or you can just get JDM lights.

yea i would pay of the car as much as possible also, but if you don't want to do that go for Turbo!!!!!!!!!

With $5k I would go for a body kit, drop it, and get turbo or supercharged. I dont think you can go wrong with those. Have show and a whole lot of go

If you still owe $$$$ on your ride...Pay off as much as you can
    Guidelines for Republicans: 1. When in charge, ponder. 2. When in trouble, delegate. 3. When in doubt, mumble.

I agree with those advising you to pay the car loan off (or down).
    Or pay on any other debt you might have such as credit cards.

It annoys the hell out of the banks (who are counting on the interest
    you're paying on the loan balance) and gets you out from under monthly
    payments.
    You'd be suprised how much more money you have
    when you're not making monthly payments on debt.

If that idea doesn't suite you then go talk to Ripp Mods or Xtech about
    FI.
    -- John --
    2001 Black Galant GTZ (Sold 5/18/2015)

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    i'd say sds, and pay of the car, if you're going to put a kit on the car you need to drop it.
    -Pedro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast