The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DOHC cyl. head swap ???

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    Rayoveloz

DOHC cyl. head swap ???

Hey guys!!! Do you think is possible to swap a Lancer Evolution 4G63T DOHC cyl head into the 8th Gen 4G64 I4 block? I really don't own a Galant, I own a 98 Mitsu Mirage 2dr. But I'm making my Mirage a track car. And I woul like to mate a 4G64 2.4L block with a Lancer Evolution 4G63 DOHC cyl. head. I already know for a fact that you can mate the 4G64 from a 00+ Eclipse GS/RS 4G64 block with a IV+ Lancer Evo block.
    But been the Eclipse so new is a hard to find in the local junkyard. I think is easier to find a 8th Gen Galant engine. I would like to be certain that the block from the 4G64 Eclipse is the same as the 4G64 Galant, and the manual tranny from the Eclipse mates with the Galant block???

I have "heard" its possible just have to take the bare 2.4L block to a mill shop with the head gasket of the 4g63 head. Once the holes are filled it "should" be no problem. Have I done it no..well not yet. Will I definitly my old 4g64 is already waiting to be stripped down. Once I find a 4g63 head from the evo 8 I may start it.

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have "heard" its possible just have to take the bare 2.4L block to a mill shop with the head gasket of the 4g63 head. Â*Once the holes are filled it "should" be no problem. Â*Have I done it no..well not yet. Â*Will I definitly Â*my old 4g64 is already waiting to be stripped down. Â*Once I find a 4g63 head from the evo 8 I may start it.</div>

u build it ill buy it :twisted: (hopefully u wont need it with that beast u go over therr)...oh yea...hook me up with a core charge..hahaha

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have "heard" its possible just have to take the bare 2.4L block to a mill shop with the head gasket of the 4g63 head. Â*Once the holes are filled it "should" be no problem. Â*Have I done it no..well not yet. Â*Will I definitly Â*my old 4g64 is already waiting to be stripped down. Â*Once I find a 4g63 head from the evo 8 I may start it.</div>

u build it ill buy it :twisted: (hopefully u wont need it with that beast u go over therr)...oh yea...hook me up with a core charge..hahaha</div>

dont worry you were/are the 3rd person I had in mind to have that conversion. Chances are it would be Baccas car because for some reason his I4 probrably doesnt make not even 95 whp probrably lower. Its like his car is running with sever leaks in all 4 chambers...ehhh

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have "heard" its possible just have to take the bare 2.4L block to a mill shop with the head gasket of the 4g63 head. Â*Once the holes are filled it "should" be no problem. Â*Have I done it no..well not yet. Â*Will I definitly Â*my old 4g64 is already waiting to be stripped down. Â*Once I find a 4g63 head from the evo 8 I may start it.</div>

u build it ill buy it :twisted: (hopefully u wont need it with that beast u go over therr)...oh yea...hook me up with a core charge..hahaha</div>

dont worry you were/are the 3rd person I had in mind to have that conversion. Chances are it would be Baccas car because for some reason his I4 probrably doesnt make not even 95 whp probrably lower. Its like his car is running with sever leaks in all 4 chambers...ehhh</div>

damn ...that sucks....im thikin about buyin one of thos ebay engies to build...only thing is that damn evo head...i havnt found a price i can afford yet...actually a friend told me of a site wherr they will sell u a lightliy ported evo head for like 1k...but u gotta send a core....dunno bought u but i dont have a evo head layin aroud...hahhaha

Thats why Im just going to wait for one of the prissy kids in my area to wreck one. Theres a chick in my neighborhood that drives one and she REALLY cant drive, lil girl actually thought the evo would out drag my R1 lol I'll get whats left over after she taps against a tree or something, just hope she dont hurt the motor that would really suck :twisted: For those that say damn thats harsh, yea I am harsh but just cause mommy and daddy can buy you something dont mean u deserve it

VIO
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thats why Im just going to wait for one of the prissy kids in my area to wreck one. Â*Theres a chick in my neighborhood that drives one and she REALLY cant drive, lil girl actually thought the evo would out drag my R1 lol I'll get whats left over after she taps against a tree or something, just hope she dont hurt the motor Â* Â*that would really suck :twisted: Â* For those that say damn thats harsh, yea I am harsh but just cause mommy and daddy can buy you something dont mean u deserve it </div>

i'm with you 100% on that one. i'm waiting for somene to jack up their 2000+ eclipse gt so i can pillage the strut tower brace from it. now if i could just find someone to pull the same stunt with their evo i'd be a happy man. hopefully they'll get rear ended so they don't screw up that motor. 8)

escoson
    it would be ill to get a custom fabricated dohc head based upon the evo8 4g63t dohc head but worked for our 4g64's. would be expensive but def. worth it. its kidna like the dsm equivilent to a frankenstien swap

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I am in the process of getting my hands on an EVO 8 DOHC head as we speak. My local DSM tuner is trying to figure out what the head swap will entail so he can give me a ballpark price to swap it over. Check out evolution.net i know a few people have already crashed their EVO's up. I know of 3 guys locals that had theirs totalled, one got rear ended hard, thats the one i want, motor should be just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

VIO
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am in the process of getting my hands on an EVO 8 DOHC head as we speak. My local DSM tuner is trying to figure out what the head swap will entail so he can give me a ballpark price to swap it over. Check out evolution.net i know a few people have already crashed their EVO's up. I know of 3 guys locals that had theirs totalled, one got rear ended hard, thats the one i want, motor should be just fine.</div>

lucky bastard...

altima98
    Guys the 4g64 DOHC cant handle no more than 9 PSI of boost.. there is one here that has been fully built, and was slap on a 1st gen eclipse and is not that fast..

And as far as the head goes, the 1st gen eclipse 4g63 by far is the best head that you can get.. Ask any DSM'r

8ggalant
    Quote Originally Posted by altima98
    Guys the 4g64 DOHC cant handle no more than 9 PSI of boost.. there is one here that has been fully built, and was slap on a 1st gen eclipse and is not that fast..

And as far as the head goes, the 1st gen eclipse 4g63 by far is the best head that you can get.. Ask any DSM'r
    iknow plenty of dsm'rs and most of them are plannin on doin the 64/63t swap..especially on their track cars but a few street guys also...

akiraflux
    i haven't learned myself on this stuff yet but there's a complete front clip 4gt63t with tranny n everything on ebay right now. $2k.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    The 4g64 with a built bottom end can handle way more than 9psi. The guy who is building my motor is running a 4g64 block with a 2.0 DOHC in his 2g eclipse gsx with 27psi of boost. It can handle it as long as its done right. As far as the 2g 4g63t front clip, wont work for 8g owners, should work for a 7g with some modifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS