The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CLEAR CORNERS (easy instructions with pix)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 126
    Cleared my corners and another buddies of mine (chrysler cirrus). Worked liked a charm. 2 cars in under an hour. The tool to use is a paint can opener. nice rounded edges, no scraping of the lens, easy as pie.

clone2020
    Great advice on the paint can opener!!!

-MIKE.

Corners = Cleared

It took a little over an hour... breaking stuff is fun. I did scratch the reflective material a bit when the piece finally broke, but the lens is fine. Some of the pieces broke off in chunks too large to fit out the hole, so I took out the main bulb and pulled it through that opening. One of them still wouldn't fit out the larger hole, so I took wire cutters to it--problem solved. Thanks for the tips.

Experienced TGC Member
    finally cleared my corners..

i got a question.. proballly gonna clear corners tomorrow.. but do i have to take out the grill and headlight assembly???
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

you don't have to remove it but it makes it so much easier if you do. i mean think about how much room you have on the passenger side behidn the headlight to work.

then you have to figure out a way to remove the reflector from the inside of the headlight. if the headlight was out of the car, all you would have to do is shake the headlight.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

well.. ill see cus the only reason i asked was cus the right clip on my grill is broken.. and i never removed the grill or the headlight before.. so im worrying..

if its just 1 clip thats broken you have nothing to worry about. there were times i was just running with 3 clips on the grille holding it on.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>if its just 1 clip thats broken you have nothing to worry about. there were times i was just running with 3 clips on the grille holding it on.</div>

Hell I'm running with only 3 too

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    I have no clips. Zipties only baby....cuz Im a dumbass and lost EVERY SINGLE CLIP!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

...U N D E A D...

Experienced TGC Member
    ya i am missing couple.

cleared corners:

PROBLEM: NEED HELP TO FIX...

the left side headlight.. the bottom right hole is about to come off completly.. need to know how to fix..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mapid145)</div><div class='quotemain'>cleared corners: Â*

PROBLEM: NEED HELP TO FIX...

the left side headlight.. the bottom right hole is about to come off completly.. need to know how to fix..</div>

plastic apoxy

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

like super glue.. or something else..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mapid145)</div><div class='quotemain'>like super glue.. or something else..</div>

plastic apoxy you can find at a hardware store it cost's $15 max and works better then superglue on plastic materials

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Experienced TGC Member
    clear POXY! meanards homedepot...

ok.. epoxy didnt work.. it was at a downwards angle so it didnt hold that much.. and so then my dad tried to use like little metal clips to hold it and it didnt work.. so i said F it and i just put it normally and it works pretty nice.. doesnt rattle that much but after i put on the broken piece.it came out pretty nice...

If you guys dont want to use a crowbar.. i used a little hammer and a thin flathead to break the glass. I dont have any pics of me doing but if u do : Tap -Tap, look.. Tap-Tap, look.. it works and i think it does it fast but it could scratch up the reflector but in the end it looks amazing..

i say just stop trying to shit bricks and forget about the mount. the headlight isn't gonna go anywhere. there's three other mounts holding the headlight in.

legal?

Update.
    LS 2000
    Cleared lenses. I almost got away with not having to take the headlights out. Unfortunately three small pieces fell towards the front of the headlights and Im now forced to take them out and shake them out.

Tutorial works great with Prybar, Thin bent flat screwdriver, Bent butter knife and Home depot pick set. Ive used them all.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

i have jst finished doing them today and i have a good tip... if u dont already know it take a lot of force to pull the reflector out and on my 1st headlight a chipped off a piece of the silver(so i got a new headlight). To provet your silver from cracking, the best thing to do it to stuff a small rag or towel in the hole then put the bar in a pull it out. The towel will protect the plastic from the downward force of the bar

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast