The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CLEAR CORNERS (easy instructions with pix)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 126
    this was an awesome quick project i did it in about 45 mins and it really gives it a cleaner look thanks for the idea guys

2003gtz
    that was great thanks. I bought the pry bar but i guess the one i got was a little bit to big then i tried to bend a butter knife to pry but all i did was break the knife so i ended up getting it done with a flathead screwdriver scizors and needlenose plyers(real ghetto). But i went by your instructions and it worked great with few scratches to my lights. Like everyone else i noticed that i did the first one in like 45 min then i did the second one in like 5 min. cool great tutorial thanks.

i did mine in about 45 mins including painting my frill and the foorlight things black.

frill and foorlight?

I'll attempt to translate these heathen's language, I believe he meant grill and headlight, but I'm not sure, this isn't a dialect I'm too familiar with.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Lmao i was drunk last night and whatever yes i meant grill and headlights

A nice, simple, and cheap mod that looks good. Just the way I like it:).

This was the 1st thing I did to my car after discovering TGC. I then realized that modifying the headlights wouldn't be as hard as I once thought! :)
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

can u send me the mini bar?

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    i chipped my reflector a little bit, but other then that it went flawlessly, but it was cold out and i put my bulbs in wrong so i gotta fix that when i get the G back from the tranny shop.

pearlgalant
    isnt it illegal?

not if you use a bulb that lights amber when flashed some cars, such as the 2004 mercury grand marquis, come with sock cleared corners and amber bulbs. Cop couldnt tell the difference if you handed them the reflector...once again if you have the amber bulbs in.

I have JDM style headlights now and am not sure how clear corners would look. I have regular lamps before and cleared them and it looked awesome. But, my buddy told me if I clear the corners on the JDM lights it will look like junk. Anyone know?

I'm JDM too I think it would look great but maybe its harder for us to clear them or something. I think our lights are smaller so might be harder to maneuver a tool in them than USDM

you have to take apart the headlights to clear JDMs, my car has JDM heads that have been cleared, the amber part is screwed inside the heads, so you have to back them and take it apart, but it's worth it, here's what mine looks like

OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Awesome tutorial! i like it better than putting mine in the oven...so does my mother..

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Yah man your cleared JDMs look damn good. I'm just hesitant to take apart my headlights.

Figured it out.. very nice!
    Last edited by kmh2008; 03-31-2009 at 05:50 PM

ftp A-town
    Quote Originally Posted by therev View Post
    Awesome tutorial! i like it better than putting mine in the oven...so does my mother..

~Gabe
    does it give the oven a smell?

can i use the same way on 7g?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast