The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Chamber Kit

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    JSTATL

Chamber Kit

What in the world is a chamber kit used for?

its actually a C-A-M-B-E-R kit. Dont worry about it though, I made the same mistake :oops:

Not exactly sure how it works, but you will need one if you plan on lowering. Im not going to attempt to explain it, ill let one of the experts do that.

teh full name for a camber kit is a camber correction kit.

a camber correction kit makes it possible to increase the range that the camber can be adjusted. in our case and many others, the camber can't be adjusted and the camber kit makes it so that it can be.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

akiraflux
    i bet he doesn't know what camber is. camber is the angle your wheel is. so if your wheel goes straight up and down at a 180 degree angle you have 0 camber. i MIGHT get this backwards...but it'll give you an idea. if i am wrong...just substitute postive for negative...

negative camber means your wheel tilts inward. racers usually do this for optimum traction and cornering.

postive camber is the bad stuff. your wheel is angled out from car. (top of wheel farther out from car than bottom). this makes your tires wear like a bitch and could permanently damage your tires (rather than just uneven wear).

on our cars the back camber is not adjustable but the front is for a few degrees. typically when you lower your car the camber can be thrown off. if you have a bad postive camber you'll definately need a camber kit which lets you adjust it back to 0 or negative a hair.