The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Enlarged throttle body for JDM 7G

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    7GMIVEC

Enlarged throttle body for JDM 7G

I was looking at getting an enlarged throttle body for my 7G. I was wanting to see if anyone knew whether this mod would make it necessary to add a Fuel Pressure Regulator as it may run lean??

depending on how much you bore it out i would def. recommend a fpr
    Joe F.
    --The first and only 7g N/A galant in the 13's, currently in hibernation--

7GMIVEC
    I'm sure the 6A12 Mivec is 60mm (just like the FTO) and I want to out to 65mm. FPR should be a must going out this much me thinks......

no
    AFPR is not needed.. no Worries...

I wouldn't worry About AFPR until you start using power-adders like nitrous, ot forced-induction.

I'm not certain What size injectors the V6 Comes with, but I'm sure They're sufficient for addign the extra 1-2lb of airflow you may get From a bigger TB

Why on earth would you need to raise fuel-pressure anyways?

do the TB Swap, and log your o2 readings....if they fall in upper RPM.. THEN you get the AFPR..
    actually... if they fall in the upper RPM, then you re-wier your Fuel-pump... THEN you buy The AFPR if needed.

no need to waste money...
    do it when you get to that level.
    slapping parts on all @ once is never good...
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

7GMIVEC
    Thanks for your post Craig. I'm not mechanically inclined so I didn't know whether an FPR was needed.
    David at RPW Australia did a performance upgrade article for 6A12 MIVEC for an FTO and he reckons by enlarging the TB it would run lean therefore adding the FPR to feed the engine with the required amount of fuel.
    You were saying about re-wiring the fuel pump - what does that mean??