The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel Injectors

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    jayhood26

Fuel Injectors

I want new injectors for a 60 mm tb anybody know a good size to go with and a good company to buy from. Yeah this will also go along with my new headers and cat converter.

Experienced TGC Member

Re: Fuel Injectors

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayhood26)</div><div class='quotemain'>I want new injectors for a 60 mm tb anybody know a good size to go with and a good company to buy from. Â*Yeah this will also go along with my new headers and cat converter.</div>

Best bet are a set of 450cc from the turbo eclipse you can getem for like $40 on ebay. No matter what you get your still gonna need an AFC thats like $250 down the hole. (well worth it though)
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

jayhood26
    What is a AFC and what does it do to be so exspensive

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayhood26)</div><div class='quotemain'>What is a AFC and what does it do to be so exspensive Â*:( Â*:(</div>

Do a search on google and read up on it. Lets you adjust how much air the engine thinks is coming in, and by doing that you are adjusting how much fuel the engine is using for a given rpm range. Larger injectors will cause you to run really rich and will yield crappy performance, you need the afc to lean things out. AFC in the wrong hands can destroy an engine though so do your research first. AFC should also only be used with a datalogger and the right guages, wich all of course cost more cash..
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Dark Anghell
    I would skip the injectors, and get the SAFC only. Also get either EGT or air-fuel ratio gauge. The car will not gain enough HP and torque for you to justify buying new injectors. Like JIP said, you will run rich and you have to lean things out. If you are going to lean things up, you might as well stick to your injectors and richen them up.

I'm still running my stock injectors, and they work just fine. I think that most mitsubishis run a bit on the ritch side anyway.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dark Anghell)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would skip the injectors, and get the SAFC only. Also get either EGT or air-fuel ratio gauge. The car will not gain enough HP and torque for you to justify buying new injectors. Like JIP said, you will run rich and you have to lean things out. If you are going to lean things up, you might as well stick to your injectors and richen them up.

I'm still running my stock injectors, and they work just fine. I think that most mitsubishis run a bit on the ritch side anyway.</div>

Agreed. Besides i dont know why everyone is fussing over the 60mm or even 70mm tb, they dont add that much airflow that the ecu is gona freak out you still have those shity small ass runners on the intake. You dont need new injectors or FPR you just need an afc!
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon