The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: why i4 vs v6?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 59
    law195

why i4 vs v6?

Is it just me or do more people choose the i4 over the v6 when purchasing your cars. Is it that the 4 has more potential, or more parts available, is it just cause it's cheaper to buy, or does the 6 suck. I'd like to own a 6. I'd think it be torquier and run pretty well with turbo and good mods. And i'm i right that the 6 engine matches the 6 from a 3000gt

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I bought my car just because i knew it way more potential than the V6 did.
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Senior TGC Member
    Because some people can only afford the inline 4. It also has better handling due to its better weight distribution, and it also has a tighter turning radius due to a smaller engine. We all trade off something.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

would NEVER take a 4cyl over a 6!!!!!!
    i would take on a 4cyl turbo ANY day of the week

'cause its cheaper.

and 99 percent of the people that buy them dont need, want, or care about whats under the hood. most people just use cars as utilities.

i wonder what the ratio of i4 vs v6 made is...maybe that might have something to do with it. everytime i go to the dealer the v6's are rarer.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

akiraflux
    i bought mine at a tiny dealership. they only had 1 galant. for 7k. i wasn't gonna be picky.

GalantLadie
    i didnt have a choice my parents got the g for me, i would rather have had a 6, but i cant complain i love my car, she just needs alil more balls sometimes

when i got my I4, 2 yrs. ago, i got it cuz, all they had were 4's on the lot, therefore, i needed one at the moment, and what i paid for it, i could've gottena 6 loaded!! even though I had my ma co-sign on my shit, i still payed up the ass w/ interest!! - but i'm str8 w/ my 4 - any faster, and i'd be gettin' more tickets!!!
    Semper Fi'

Re: why i4 vs v6?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(law195)</div><div class='quotemain'>. And i'm i right that the 6 engine matches the 6 from a 3000gt</div>

hahahah hell no not even close. the 3000gt motor is dohc with great internals while the galant v6 is only sohc with internals made of pudding or jello dont remember the flavor but you get the point.

I personally choose the I4 over the 6 because its better on gas, I used to do sever highway driving hence why I had a 99 motor with 150k on it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>I personally choose the I4 over the 6 because its better on gas, I used to do severe highway driving hence why I had a 99 motor with 150k on it.</div>

I've driven with you and behind you on the highway, and I'd still consider your driving to be pretty severe... :laughing::laughing:
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

BXNYMitsu01

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>I personally choose the I4 over the 6 because its better on gas, I used to do severe highway driving hence why I had a 99 motor with 150k on it.</div>

I've driven with you and behind you on the highway, and I'd still consider your driving to be pretty severe... :laughing::laughing:</div>

mighty
    I have a 6

leadfoot
    v6 are nice to have if you are just going ot get the car and do nothing to them as far as forced induction( or anything further than the basic bolt on's) an i4 you can go with a turbo or supercgarger completly stock and have no problems for a while unless your boosting too high. the SDS i4 galant is pushing around 200whp on a stock block that's 50 more wheel horsepower than the V6 and you dont have to carry that extra 200 pounds that the v6 comes with.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leadfoot)</div><div class='quotemain'>v6 are nice to have if you are just going ot get the car and do nothing to them as far as forced induction( or anything further than the basic bolt on's) an i4 you can go with a turbo or supercgarger completly stock and have no problems for a while unless your boosting too high. the SDS i4 galant is pushing around 200whp on a stock block that's 50 more wheel horsepower than the V6 and you dont have to carry that extra 200 pounds that the v6 comes with.</div>

Great arguement but Im going to play devils advocate... Picture if you will, when most of the people here first got there (for whatever reason) galant who actually knew what an "SDS" is? Hell first thoughts, it sounds like a disease lol

If I could rewind back to november 98 when I got my 8g I would have waited another months to get my package with a manual trans DOAH..other then that I love my I4 **rest in pieces I mean peace **

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I've driven with you and behind you on the highway, and I'd still consider your driving to be pretty severe... </div>

Just be glad you did get the V6 I need someone to keep up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(law195)</div><div class='quotemain'>. And i'm i right that the 6 engine matches the 6 from a 3000gt</div>

hahahah hell no not even close. the 3000gt motor is dohc with great internals while the galant v6 is only sohc with internals made of pudding or jello dont remember the flavor but you get the point.

.</div>
    actually, the block is the same, minus a few things.

leadfoot
    sorry i fogot to mention what the hell the SDS is it's a superchager driving system. it bolts right on to your car but it is not a do it youself bolt on you will have to take it to a good tunning shop to get it installed and tuned right anyways it cost's about $3200 and it can over double you horse power to the wheels if you have the right stuff. i would reccomend and this is if you get it to get the ripp header that is avalible and larger piping dont go over 3 inch piping. ps if you want swap the auto trans with a 5-speed do it and get high compression pistons rods and rings and wait got the stage 2 SDS your car will be runnin close to 13's if not in the 13's. i dont know about the 5 speed swap with the v6 but ripp makes the SDS for both the i4 and v6 talk to vegas matt he got a SDS on his V6 and is runnin a 13.82 he also has other things but i do know that he got a V6 and a SDS

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    i think we all know what SDS is 8)
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think we all know what SDS is 8)</div>

I was thinking the same thing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>actually, the block is the same, minus a few things.</div>

ok, thats fine all depends on whats inside right? Better supporting components means better motor

law195
    So if it the supporting components that make the difference,you could add 3000gt parts to the g- v6 . What i'm getting at is would it be an easy swap basicaly, or order parts for a 3000gt and put them on like, you can order eclipse parts and put those on. :?: [/quote]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast