The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: why i4 vs v6?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 59 of 59
    mjc1055
    Quote Originally Posted by escoson
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    i wonder what the ratio of i4 vs v6 made is...maybe that might have something to do with it. everytime i go to the dealer the v6's are rarer.

not that much difference i figured it out a whole ago and the ratios were within .01 - .03 of eachother (pounds per hp). i dont remember exactly but its within there somewhere.

and as forthe first post the 8g galant and 3g eclipse share the same motors.

i think he was talking about the number of i4's manufactured vs. the number of v6's manufcatured, as in the reason more people have i4's is that theyre a lot easier to find than v6s, since a lot more of them were produced.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i wish i would've gotten the V6, but I also crave the V8s drunk again
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by FRCFD6
    plus one more thing.

the smaller the engine, the more stress is on it to achieve the same power as a bigger engine would.
    This is by far one of the most narrow minded things I have ever heard. Please realize that the size difference between 3.0 and 2.4 is really really small. Now if you had say the new 3.8L then yes that remark would hold a drop of water. All in all Good damn good job for shooting an already dead ass cow.

Scooting: when your tegy finishes growning maybe it will weighs as much as a real car does. You know a car in your weight class is the Lancer go knock on that door for a rude awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mante
    Quote Originally Posted by FRCFD6
    plus one more thing.

the smaller the engine, the more stress is on it to achieve the same power as a bigger engine would.
    This is by far one of the most narrow minded things I have ever heard. Please realize that the size difference between 3.0 and 2.4 is really really small. Now if you had say the new 3.8L then yes that remark would hold a drop of water. All in all Good damn good job for shooting an already dead ass cow.

Scooting: when your tegy finishes growning maybe it will weighs as much as a real car does. You know a car in your weight class is the Lancer go knock on that door for a rude awakening.
    hey man, when i'm boosting 19 lbs, i'd be glad to knock on that lancer's door.

Quote Originally Posted by ScootinIntegra
    hey man, when i'm boosting 19 lbs, i'd be glad to knock on that lancer's door.
    When, as in its not done? Oh my goodness you made it seem your integra was the quickest on the road. Your planning on boosting 19 while a stock evo is somewhere between 14-16psi...good luck buddy

One good thing is all the evo's I hae come across are bone stock so my area will get a rude awakening. Only one guy has work done that probrably slowed the evo down lol. Make sure you get footage of the evo slaughtering cause I will

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    hey man, when i'm boosting 19 lbs, i'd be glad to knock on that lancer's door.</div>

When, as in its not done? Oh my goodness you made it seem your integra was the quickest on the road. Your planning on boosting 19 while a stock evo is somewhere between 14-16psi...good luck buddy

One good thing is all the evo's I hae come across are bone stock so my area will get a rude awakening. Only one guy has work done that probrably slowed the evo down lol. Make sure you get footage of the evo slaughtering cause I will</div>
    That was meant to be interpreted as "if i was boosting 19lbs as well, I'd smoke the shit out of an evo." Since when does an evo only boost 14 lbs? My integra's slow, i know that. I don't EVER recall saying my car is fast. I've said it's fastER than some cars out there, but I never used the blanket statement "It's fast." You're making a lot of assumptions about what i say and putting a lot of words in my mouth.
    I'm not planning on boosting 19lbs, tool. Somewhere in the area of 11lbs or so boost will put me right up there with an EVO. All for about $22,000 less.
    I never said I'd slaughter an evo...its AWD would kick my ass. Stop putting words in my mouth.
    kthxbye.

00GTZ00
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey man, when i'm boosting 19 lbs, i'd be glad to knock on that lancer's door.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not planning on boosting 19lbs, tool.</div>

ok so now I am confused. Are you going to try 19lbs or not?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00GTZ00)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey man, when i'm boosting 19 lbs, i'd be glad to knock on that lancer's door.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not planning on boosting 19lbs, tool.</div>

ok so now I am confused. Are you going to try 19lbs or not?

</div>
    no, i'm not boosting 19 lbs. What that first statement was meant to be interpreted as was "If I was boosting 19lbs like the EVO, then I'll go k"knocking on it's door." For now, I know an evo would smoke me. But when i start boosting, let's say, 11-12 lbs, i'd be glad to go toe-to-toe with an EVO, even though i'm boosting about 7 lbs less...

And I don't even know where this came from, I never said I had a fast car. I said I have a fastER car than a lot of cars out there...then this guy starts blabbin about EVO's and shit...

The 99 Galant
    i have a i4 and like it alot. I do like the v6 but only the GTZ version. The GTZ is a hard thing to find and the i4 is pretty easy to find. Also even though the aftermarket has more for the v6 in stock, the v6is harder to balance out. The suspension on the regular v6 is unbalanced since the engine is bigger and also other than the GTZ the v6 is setup more like a family hauler than anything. The i4 has moer room in the engine bay and the 2.4 is asking for more power. The i4 is very peppy like a Prelude engine. And consider this, the i4 makes 140/150 hp and torque and wieghs in around 3 give or take. The v6 makes something like 160 and 190 but has an increased weight of about 500 or more pounds i believe. I would have to say the i4 has a better potential of a fast daily crusier than the heavier v6. The v6 is good if you want a fast and furious ride but most of us drive our G around everyday and need some power and lots of drivability.

00GTZ00
    Quote Originally Posted by The 99 Galant
    i have a i4 and like it alot. I do like the v6 but only the GTZ version. The GTZ is a hard thing to find and the i4 is pretty easy to find. Also even though the aftermarket has more for the v6 in stock, the v6is harder to balance out. The suspension on the regular v6 is unbalanced since the engine is bigger and also other than the GTZ the v6 is setup more like a family hauler than anything. The i4 has moer room in the engine bay and the 2.4 is asking for more power. The i4 is very peppy like a Prelude engine. And consider this, the i4 makes 140/150 hp and torque and wieghs in around 3 give or take. The v6 makes something like 160 and 190 but has an increased weight of about 500 or more pounds i believe. I would have to say the i4 has a better potential of a fast daily crusier than the heavier v6. The v6 is good if you want a fast and furious ride but most of us drive our G around everyday and need some power and lots of drivability.
    you might want to read up on the V6 a little, for the G is has 195 hp 205 tq

also the weight diff is NOT 500 lbs...

DE 4cyl = 3031
    GTZ = 3296

for a diff of 265 lbs......

and in stock form the 4 cyl is more of a family hauler than the 6 is.....
    also the V6 has 55 more Hp than the 4 and 50 ftlbtq more....
    check it out

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMSA/jsp/gal...specs.jsp?t=all

The 99 Galant
    the GTZ is a sport version in which components are changed in due for lighter pieces. Also the suspension is set up differently. The number for weight differences is closer to 250-300i believe for the ES and LS v6. The GVWR is 4100 for the v6 and 3900 for the i4. Sorry i was looking at a webpage wrong. the GTZ is a far better car than the i4 but also a lot harder to find. The suspension on the GTZ is also setup better for a v6 car than the ES and LS v6. Anyways i'd take a GTZ anytime i could get one, and afford one but the i4 is still a Honda, Nissan Altima, and Toyota Corolla butt kicker!!!!

Experienced TGC Member
    the GTZ is a sport version in which components are changed in due for lighter pieces. Also the suspension is set up differently. The number for weight differences is closer to 250-300i believe for the ES and LS v6. The GVWR is 4100 for the v6 and 3900 for the i4. Sorry i was looking at a webpage wrong. the GTZ is a far better car than the i4 but also a lot harder to find. The suspension on the GTZ is also setup better for a v6 car than the ES and LS v6. Anyways i'd take a GTZ anytime i could get one, and afford one but the i4 is still a Honda, Nissan Altima, and Toyota Corolla butt kicker!!!!
    Im 99% sure that the GTZ engine has nothing (except sportier suspension) diffrent than the ES v6. BTW You dont really believe that you can beat an Altima right?

The 99 Galant
    ummm...them old Altima's aren't much there buddy. The new v6 one's are good but them old 4cyc. suck. SO yeah, i do....if you got a problem with it then go join a freakin Altima-pieceofcrap forum....

Experienced TGC Member
    ummm...them old Altima's aren't much there buddy. The new v6 one's are good but them old 4cyc. suck. SO yeah, i do....if you got a problem with it then go join a freakin Altima-pieceofcrap forum....
    Nope, no problem here. BTW I couldn't find that forum your talking about.

horace_the_evil_appendix

hondas

why is it that an integra driver is on a galant forum?do you just have nothing to do with your time? you know, if i put a 120 hp engine on my little brothers go-kart it'd be fast too, but it'd still look like shit

GalantGuy96
    Quote Originally Posted by horace_the_evil_appendix
    why is it that an integra driver is on a galant forum?do you just have nothing to do with your time? you know, if i put a 120 hp engine on my little brothers go-kart it'd be fast too, but it'd still look like shit
    are u talkin about scooty? man stfu, he is a hella smart car enthusiast.
    we all had beef with him at the begining about owning a honda, but we all realized it dont matter what car u drive, this is a car enthusiast site; so anybody can join.
    and if your little brothers go-kart hade a 120 hp engine thing doesnt make any sense. r u saying they r ugly cars? or that they are slow?
    they look good, but its just that u see so many of them that u get used to seeing them.
    and they r fast little cars, its a ls s.e. it doesnt have 120 hp. i beat it could smoke your car.

horace_the_evil_appendix
    hmm lets see... that means if sumthin doesn't weigh anything it doesn't take much to make it fast ... and yeah they're ugly naw just messin and talkin shit i already raced my friends type r, he got me by third then i had to ditch cuz i was in the wrong lane ,they're hella fast no lie.. if ones got boost then i'll still be spinnin tires and he'll have me by 10 cars

Quote Originally Posted by horace_the_evil_appendix
    hmm lets see... that means if sumthin doesn't weigh anything it doesn't take much to make it fast ... and yeah they're ugly naw just messin and talkin shit i already raced my friends type r, he got me by third then i had to ditch cuz i was in the wrong lane ,they're hella fast no lie.. if ones got boost then i'll still be spinnin tires and he'll have me by 10 cars
    Four posts and you're already talkin shit on me...that's almost a record, but not quite. I think Phase had me in 1 or 2 posts...

What do you drive that you would have any chance of beating even a stock type-r?

And if you're gonna talk shit, at least know something about the person you're talking shit about...I really don't give much a of a shit what my car looks like, as long as it beats YOU. When I join the waaaaah PSSSHH club next spring I won't have to worry about that anymore. :twisted:

horace_the_evil_appendix
    just a v6 galant.. i lauched better and had him till third then he said bye bye to me...i just like talkin shit to hondas cuz all my friends talk shit on mitsus...i'm a shit starter its in my blood i can't help it... anyway i know my cars not very fast i don't need a boosted integra to tell me that

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123