The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: handling/rubbing

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

handling/rubbing

i've been hearing that 17s handle better than 18s...is this true or just personal preference? and will 225s rub on an 8g lowered or not? cause i think 225s would look best, but ill have to settle for 215s if 225s rub... :cry:
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

I have 18s with 225 18s and no rubbing
    my car is lowered with progress springs
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

thanks man...im gonna go price some motegi dp5s gunmetal w/polish lip tomorrow...see if im gonna have to order them off the net or not
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    in reality, the smaller the wheel/tire combo, the easier it is to turn the wheel, making it seem like u have better handling, which is why its always better to get low pro tires no matter for the best handling, but we can't exactly roll around on 12's with 205/40/12 tires. 17s would probably be better than 18, but 18s have bigger tire patches so therefore = more grip = better over all handling. and they look better.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Re: handling/rubbing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverDragonGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>i've been hearing that 17s handle better than 18s...is this true or just personal preference? and will 225s rub on an 8g lowered or not? cause i think 225s would look best, but ill have to settle for 215s if 225s rub... :cry:</div>

get 225/40zr18 on wheels that are 8.0" or less (7.5 is perfect) and as close to +46mm offset (stock) as possible. this will allow you to drop as low as 3"-4" w/ no rubbing problems.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverDragonGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>thanks man...im gonna go price some motegi dp5s gunmetal w/polish lip tomorrow...see if im gonna have to order them off the net or not</div>

cool cant wait to see some pics
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

dont worry, ill be postin pics of the before/after rims and front end damage/restore...im buyin mario's modded 01 front end, grill, and hood...thank god he's sterling silver also...life saver...i owe a beer to everyone who's helped me out...can collect your pay/beer at SEMA '04 meet :twisted:
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net