The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VR-4 Front bumper

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar

VR-4 Front bumper

Anyone know where I can get a super VR-4 front bumper? I need to get one shipped over to the states for my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

which VR4? '96-'97 or '98+. there were 2 versions of the front bumper/fogs/grill for the 8G JDM VR4/Viento. post a pic of the one you want and one of us might b able to help you out.

I want the one like "Shadow" has on his car. Im not sure which year it is. I cant really find any pics or info on the VR4 bumpers, where can I check some out, this way I know which one I want. The one Laz was posting is also really nice.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>I want the one like "Shadow" has on his car. Im not sure which year it is. I cant really find any pics or info on the VR4 bumpers, where can I check some out, this way I know which one I want. The one Laz was posting is also really nice.</div>

those are aftermarket...are u looking for a stock bumper or a kit....

It can be aftermarket or Stock as long as its JDM, I have the Initial V kit right now and off the top of my head I can name at least 6 people within like 20 mins of my house that have the same kit. I just wanna change out the front bumper for something different. I cant seem to find many pics of JDM bumpers other than the stuff that Erebuni and Vis have on their sites. Anynone know of any good sites ?
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

here's pics of both the '96-'97 and 98+ JDM VR4 / Viento.

http://autozine.kyul.net/gallery/mitsubishi/galant.htm

the bumper that SHADOW has is actually just a "lip kit" not a true bumper replacement. incidentally i have that lip kit sitting in my den. if you want the 2 front pieces (i am going to be using the side skirts and rear lips), you can have them for $150.00+ shipping.

What bumper does he have the lip kit on ?
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>What bumper does he have the lip kit on ?</div>

stock '99-'01 USDM galant.

If I do that, will an aftermarket JDM grill fit as long as I have JDM headlights?
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>If I do that, will an aftermarket JDM grill fit as long as I have JDM headlights?</div>

you must not have seen pics of my car. i have JDM headlights /grill w/ USDM '99-'01 bumper. my web hosting is down right now... does anybody have a pic of my car to post? other wise look at my avatar... there's a pic of the front of my car on there.

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>If I do that, will an aftermarket JDM grill fit as long as I have JDM headlights?</div>

well i dont kno if and "aftermarket" one will ( dunno if mine is stock jdm or aftermarket) but yes...u need a jdm grille this is what i have on my car ...same as reelax also

Well first off im gonna make a 3rd attempt at getting my headlights to fit my current bumper, once that is over with im probably gonna get the VR-4 bumper, lip kit, and the grill that they sell on the scratch-vogue website. I like the JDM style I just dont like the grill with the bars in it, I want like just a open frame grill that I can put some grill mesh in. In the JDM headlights, there is a little black "seat" that the H7 bulbs sits in, one of my headlights has the "seat" the other one doesn't, anyone know where I can get another one ?
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well first off im gonna make a 3rd attempt at getting my headlights to fit my current bumper, once that is over with im probably gonna get the VR-4 bumper, lip kit, and the grill that they sell on the scratch-vogue website. I like the JDM style I just dont like the grill with the bars in it, I want like just a open frame grill that I can put some grill mesh in. In the JDM headlights, there is a little black "seat" that the H7 bulbs sits in, one of my headlights has the "seat" the other one doesn't, anyone know where I can get another one ?</div>

iv never seen a jdm grille with bars in it...but yea..bro..cant wait to see yer finished product

hungryalien

jdm?

from my understanding, jdm stuffs are stock parts for japanese models only right? anything aftermarket isnt jdm/eudm/usdm anymore right?

Re: jdm?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hungryalien)</div><div class='quotemain'>from my understanding, jdm stuffs are stock parts for japanese models only right? anything aftermarket isnt jdm/eudm/usdm anymore right?</div>

JDM is a loosely used word... JDM means Japanese Domestic Market. since, in the Galant's case, the world has very similar and compatible bodystyles and we have the US version (wich is not compatible to any of these), JDM can also mean "world spec" and vice versa. now JDM does not only iclude OE parts from japan but also parts that were made to replace / add on to those vehicles as well... which in this case means every galant not made in the US.