The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Shifter on ebay

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Shifter on ebay

Has anyone seen this shifter or know anything about it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33703
    "No matter what you do, look good doing it!"

Rare Elementz "What makes you stand out?"

well i dunno anything about it but all i can say is that depending on where the button it on this shifter it can fit i guess... pinoyesv6 would know a lot about these since he was customizing his own shifter...
    Diego

Re: Shifter on ebay

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vic_v_jr)</div><div class='quotemain'>Has anyone seen this shifter or know anything about it? Â*

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33703</div>

Vic, It looks just like my Ractive shift knob. You actually push the knob down to release the shift lock. There's no button. There's a collar that goes over the shaft, followed by a spring, then the knob. The knob actually presses down on the plastic triangle to release the shift lock. With the Ractive knob I have, I had to slightly file the shaft down to get the collar over the shaft. Other than that, it works great and I've had no issues.
    Understand that you will have to seriously cut the plastic triangle on the shifter shaft for almost any aftermarket shifter to work properly. You do this for two reasons; first is so the shifter isn't sitting too high in the air, second is so the shifter doesn't engage the shift lock until you want it to. This means you won't be able to revert back to stock without replacing the entire assembly. As long as you know that going in you should be fine.
    Any other questions, just ask. There are lots of us here with aftermarket shift knobs that have had to make "customizations".
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Wow...I wasn't aware that was the way your shifter worked Chip...that sounds pretty cool. Actually last night I was looking at the Ractive shifters and boots and they look good so I am interested in doing this next month. I am waiting for Cali's GB of the CF interior trim to go through first and then I'll take on the shifter and E brake project. Thanks for the info!
    "No matter what you do, look good doing it!"

Rare Elementz "What makes you stand out?"

I like napolex shifters better and they have them in different colors carbon fiber black wood chrome and white. Theres a tutorial on how to install it too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vic_v_jr)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wow...I wasn't aware that was the way your shifter worked Chip...that sounds pretty cool. Â*Actually last night I was looking at the Ractive shifters and boots and they look good so I am interested in doing this next month. Â*I am waiting for Cali's GB of the CF interior trim to go through first and then I'll take on the shifter and E brake project. Â*Thanks for the info!</div>

No problem man. That's why we're here. When you come down to NOPI, you can try it yourself if you don't have yours in by then. I can help you with the overlay if you need it too, since it's the same as my wood grain one.

Chip
    Chip

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

GalantLadie
    i replaced my shifter with one made for a mannny tranny i posted pics herehttp://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php...ight=shift+knob

VIO
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantLadie)</div><div class='quotemain'>i replaced my shifter with one made for a mannny tranny i posted pics herehttp://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php...ight=shift+knob</div>

that's really nice! very trick.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantLadie)</div><div class='quotemain'>i replaced my shifter with one made for a mannny tranny i posted pics herehttp://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php...ight=shift+knob</div>

Good job Ladie! I noticed you have that dragon theme going on your interior. I saw a nice set of dragon pedals on ebay yesterday, in case you don't already have any. Just a thoght.

Chip
    Chip