The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spyshot of 2005 Eclipse

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 42
    It looks exactly like a 9G coupe...........nolonger a sports car. That is one sad loss

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

Atlanta - shout out to San Pedro and Panama - que sopa!?
    pontiac all the way!!!!
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT // 3.4L V6
    ____

The SPOT!! - - Dirty South Imports

Dracas
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(-Ballernation-)</div><div class='quotemain'>What's next? Japanimation will look like American cartoons? WTF :shock:</div>

Nah, American cartoons will just change to LOOK like Anime. Take Teen Titans and "Totally Spy" and these other freaked out cartoons, all have Japanese animation cue's.

As for the 2005 Eclipse - it's taking design cues directly from the new 2K4 Galants, as Sarah said, it's basically going to be a 9G Galant Coupe, keeping most of the turtle-back styling and some of the front cues from the Galant. On the upper-hand, this means it'll be possible to go get yourself a 9G Galant Coupe Convertible one day. Too bad its only a "Galant" and an "Eclipse" in name though. The cars have pretty much become androgenous. Bleh.

As for those "Humps" on the front, they look like G-Force/velocity measurement units to me. It's a driving test afterall, they're trying to get performance and track statistics in that picture, they do it to a lot of new vehicles.

But to sum that all up: The new Mitsu "Image" is ugly as hell. Like something you'd wake up next too after a night of wild turkey and some bad bud. I'm seriously considering a Mazda 6 now, I was waiting for the new Mitsu's to come out to make any serious decisions. Guess that settles that.

Who knows, maybe if Mitsubishi realizes they've utterly slaughtered the Eclipse and Galant line of vehicles, they'll bring over the (Galant) Eterna and the FTO.

MmmmMMmmm...FTO

I believe that mitsu has ruined the Eclipse with the begining or the 3rd gen. I think this is a improvbement cuz i hate the sides of the 3rd gen :pukey:
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidNightRacing)</div><div class='quotemain'>I believe that mitsu has ruined the Eclipse with the begining or the 3rd gen. I think this is a improvbement cuz i hate the sides of the 3rd gen :pukey:</div>

i never liked the 3G eclipses too. body is terrible, headlights, tails...all ugly.

about the FTO....that would be nice if they brought that over.
    ____

Dracas
    Yeah, the Cheez-grater sides to the 3G were a turn-off. I saw a few replacement panels to flaten them into smooth curves but it seemed like a waste of money to get a vehicle that (IMHO) pretty much drove and felt like a Galant anyhow (Spider excluded). My Favorite is still the 97 Eclipse Spider GS-T.

FTO would be a good replacement, simply because it would skip the 3G and follow a trend of similarities to the 2G eclipses, it would make more sense than playing the 4G Eclipses out in a "Chase the Galant" manner. Judging by most responses around the net, no one really likes the new design (well, under 60 or 70 that is). It would also make up for the end of the GTO line (3000GT) that was terminated in 1998. It seems too much like Mitsu's giving up on everyone in the 18~35 age bracket

Heck, I'd take a Carisma over some of the stuff they're bringing out (the real Carisma, not the Lancer copy, there was some wierd model play on those). The only thing I don't like about those is that they're basically Mitsubishi's version of the Honda Civic. The only "New" Mitsu I really really like is the Outlander

Elwenil
    I doubt we ever see the FTO over here, as much as I would love it. Pretty much everything DSM builds over here has the same platform, and/or shares most of the same design and technology. The FTO is, I don't think, anywhere close to the current platform. Besides, by the time DSM would decide to import the FTO, the US Government would make it illegal to import because of some stupid BS law about emissions regs or something. Anyone talked to MotoRex about importing an FTO before? Just curious, but I'd say that would be the only way we'd see one here. But then we did get the Evo, sorta.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elwenil)</div><div class='quotemain'>I doubt we ever see the FTO over here, as much as I would love it. Â*Pretty much everything DSM builds over here has the same platform, and/or shares most of the same design and technology. Â*The FTO is, I don't think, anywhere close to the current platform. Â*Besides, by the time DSM would decide to import the FTO, the US Government would make it illegal to import because of some stupid BS law about emissions regs or something. Â*Anyone talked to MotoRex about importing an FTO before? Â*Just curious, but I'd say that would be the only way we'd see one here. Â*But then we did get the Evo, sorta.</div>

The FTO will never make it here because Mitsubishi stopped production of it last year. Not to mention the motor never had a prayer of beating US Emission Regulations. Oh, and DSM is Mitsubishi.

I am pursuing avenues for the FTO.

Elwenil
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>The FTO will never make it here because Mitsubishi stopped production of it last year. Â*Not to mention the motor never had a prayer of beating US Emission Regulations. Â*Oh, and DSM is Mitsubishi.

I am pursuing avenues for the FTO.</div>

Yeah, I knew that, but we didn't get the 8G til later, so I was speaking more as wishful thinking. And yeah, I know DSM is Mitsu, but in terms of US regs, DSM is a seperate entity. Especially since DSM has the Illinois plant.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elwenil)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Yeah, I knew that, but we didn't get the 8G til later, so I was speaking more as wishful thinking. Â*And yeah, I know DSM is Mitsu, but in terms of US regs, DSM is a seperate entity. Â*Especially since DSM has the Illinois plant.</div>

Its run by Mitsubishi. the DSM name was dropped off when the moniker of DSM was ended. I been there, its a nice place. Talked to lots of nice MItsu techs, and actually the Plant President too

Elwenil
    Yeah, I was supposed to go there in 95 to see my Avenger get built. It was the first 5 speed ever made. I never got to go though. I was supposed to go up with our regional Mopar Parts Rep., but she had some meeting to go to in Detroit, so I missed it. I was a Parts Manager for a few years, which is why I always think of DSM as a seperate company. That's how it was put to us at the Chrysler dealers.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ol School Pervert)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mighty)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think that looks hideous!!!!!!</div>

it looks "hideous!!!!!!!!!!" because 2/3 of the car is covered up in "hideous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" black tape. don't jump to conclusions; it has a nice shape. no one knows what the headlights will looks like, or the taillights, or the back end, or just about anything. a Porsche Turbo would look that ugly covered up like that.</div>

I agree....i would take that over the 9g
    Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ol School Pervert)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mighty)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think that looks hideous!!!!!!</div>

it looks "hideous!!!!!!!!!!" because 2/3 of the car is covered up in "hideous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" black tape. don't jump to conclusions; it has a nice shape. no one knows what the headlights will looks like, or the taillights, or the back end, or just about anything. a Porsche Turbo would look that ugly covered up like that.</div>

TGC Regular

fugly. very fugly
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

http://media.mitsubishi-motors.com/pressre.../detail950.html

Eclipse Concept-E: Main features
    The Concept-E illustrates ideas from MMC for a near-future high-performance sport model.
    The E-Boost high-performance hybrid power system achieves an ideal balance between sports car acceleration and environmental performance

Eclipse Concept-E: Profile
    Since its introduction on the North American market, the Eclipse compact sports coupe/convertible series has won wide acclaim for its advanced styling and outstanding driving performance. The Eclipse Concept-E carries the spirit that pulsates through the series to new frontiers. Forcefully projecting a high-performance sports car image, Concept-E also gives graphic expression to MMC's focus on delivering pure driving pleasure with levels of dynamic handling and exhilarating performance approaching those found in the motorsport arena. The E-Boost high-performance hybrid propulsion system combines exhilarating acceleration with low-consumption, low-emissions performance. Inside, Concept-E uses a Deep Video Imaging and Multi-Layer DisplayTM instrumentation display system that imparts a highly futuristic look to the no-frill but sporty interior design.

Exterior design
    Concept-E presents a distinctive front visage featuring the new MMC design identity that is crafted around the three-diamond corporate logo carried on a dihedral base in the center of the grille.
    The front grille vent and bumper-integral spoiler elements evoke a jet fighter image.
    The long wheelbase, short overhangs and cab forward layout create a highly integrated monolithic form which, with the water drop-design side window graphics, gives Concept-E an aggressive, ready-to-pounce profile.
    Xenon HID headlamps and rear combination lamps, throwing out powerful plasma beams of light, accentuate Concept-E's futuristic appearance and identify its high-power hybrid pedigree.

Interior design
    Concept-E generates a vibrant atmosphere inside through the "wave line" dashboard that identifies the new MMC design identity and the use of water drop door trim similar in design to that on the current Eclipse.
    New Deep Video Imaging and Multi-Layer DisplayTM instrumentation uses two overlapping LCD monitors to create a 3-D viewing angle.
    Mechanical features

Power
    Concept-E is powered by E-Boost hybrid system that combines a 3.8-liter MIVEC V6 engine generating 200kW of power and an electric motor to drive the front wheels and a 150kW electric motor to drive the rear wheels. This advanced and clean-emissions system delivers class-topping acceleration for a hybrid vehicle while cutting fuel consumption when compared to other high performance coupes.
    The electric motor is powered by high-efficiency lithium-ion battery packs.
    Concept-E uses a 6-speed automatic manual transmission that allows the driver to choose between the superior transmission efficiency of a manual gearbox or the easy-drive convenience of an automatic transmission.

Length x width x height (mm) 4320 x 1855 x 1300
    Wheelbase (mm) 2635
    Occupants 4
    Engine 3.8-liter V6 MIVEC
    Transmission 6-speed automated manual
    Driveline 4-wheel drive (front wheels driven by engine and electric motor, rear wheels driven by electric motor)

i can't tell the front from the back :?
    ____

Reminds me of a baby bugatti veyron
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast