The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: sagging ass

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    queball
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJC)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sounds like your shocks are gone. Nothing left to support the car so it sags and also causes camber problems. If you had over 30K on them, you might want to look into another pair of shocks for the rear.</div>
    it had 20k on it when i bought it now it almost has 100k but its been like that since the dayi got it, i was wondring if it was the springs sagging and not the shocks..??

dre24k
    my car sags in the ass even when i first had the coilovers put on with new tokicos. Now im gonna put the factory springs with gabriel shocks in the rear for now to see what happens. I also have the rattling when I hit bumps sounds like the springs are shaking around :evil:

queball
    well i guess ill pull one of the shocks and springs out , probaly the rattling one and see if i can see a prolem with them.. this i just were tha ive taken it to all kindas of shops and even the dealer and no one knows what the problem is.. except they can tell its not supose to be that way, except the dealer who says that the way the car was made..

queball
    ok heres the dumb question of the day.. ive been trying to figure out why the back of my car sits lower then the front and makeing my rear tires camber.. when i jacked it up today i could actuly lift up on my rear tires about 1/2 inch and compress the shock and spring, now im not a big buff guy i probley can't even bench my own body wight, but is that normal, or is that the signs of a worn shock, and when i did pick up the back tire the shock was making a skishing noise.. ????????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(queball)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok heres the dumb question of the day.. ive been trying to figure out why the back of my car sits Â*lower then the front and makeing my rear tires camber.. when i jacked it up today i could actuly lift up on my rear tires about Â*1/2 inch and compress the shock and spring, now im not a big buff guy i probley can't even bench my own body wight, but is that normal, or is that the signs of a worn shock, and when i did pick up the back tire the shock was making a skishing noise.. ????????</div>

first of all, the hiehgt of your front tires have nothing to do with your rear tires having bad alignment. secondly the front always comes iwth a bigger gap than the rear because the front tires turn, the rears don't.

as for picking up the erar tire, thats perfectly normal. thats just like pushing down on your car when its sitting on the ground but you're going at it from the bottom. as for that skishing sound, thats probably the oil moving around inside the shock. that can be normal too.
    hell, you got alomst 100k on your car anyways, if you're worried about the shocks being blown, replace them, your ride will improve

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

queball
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(queball)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok heres the dumb question of the day.. ive been trying to figure out why the back of my car sits Â*lower then the front and makeing my rear tires camber.. when i jacked it up today i could actuly lift up on my rear tires about Â*1/2 inch and compress the shock and spring, now im not a big buff guy i probley can't even bench my own body wight, but is that normal, or is that the signs of a worn shock, and when i did pick up the back tire the shock was making a skishing noise.. ????????</div>

first of all, the hiehgt of your front tires have nothing to do with your rear tires having bad alignment. secondly the front always comes iwth a bigger gap than the rear because the front tires turn, the rears don't.

as for picking up the erar tire, thats perfectly normal. thats just like pushing down on your car when its sitting on the ground but you're going at it from the bottom. as for that skishing sound, thats probably the oil moving around inside the shock. that can be normal too.
    hell, you got alomst 100k on your car anyways, if you're worried about the shocks being blown, replace them, your ride will improve</div>
    well theres something wrong back there.. if that back wasn't sagging low like it is then my rear tires wouldn't be cambring, my rear tires are riding right on the in sides of them and are almost shot and the other 90% of the tire is brandnew.. you can se the tires tipping in just from looking at the car from behind..