The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1157a bulbs

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    hikix

1157a bulbs

im having trouble with my turning signals.. i put in 2 xenon 1157 bulbs but they keep turning off and not blinking. They are very loose and the former bulbs were 1157a which are a little bit bigger... does anyone have aftermarket 1157a's?? and has anyone had trouble with the 1157's?

I've had a little problem with mine, sometimes I will go to turn and flip my blinker and it blinks really fast which means that one of the blinkers isn't working....so I have to stop, pop my hood and wiggle the blinker, and it will start blinking again....so who knows...other than that im happy with them.

My car's head gaskets requires more torque than your honda puts out...

tribal
    you know when you put them in the slot, you have to turn them to the side so they snap into place. That should keep them in there. So make sure you're doin that before you change anything, cause I noticed that when I cleared my corners.

GalantLadie
    when u look into the socket that u plug your bulb into u will see the 2 connectors trying bending then up alil bit (disconnect ur battery 1st) and use a small flat head screw driver and pull them up alil and it will make the connection better thats what i had to do to mine to get my aftermarket bulbs to work

akiraflux
    you could also try semi-conductive bulb grease.

hikix
    where would i get that bulb grease from??

akiraflux
    Quote Originally Posted by hikix
    where would i get that bulb grease from??
    i'm pretty sure all parts places have it. it's nothin special. i saw some at pepboys but didn't buy any.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hikix)</div><div class='quotemain'>where would i get that bulb grease from??</div>

i've seen it almost all palces that sell automotive bulbs. from the auto parts store, to walmart to even the gas station. you don't need a whole lot. i just bought a single use envelope rather than a whole tube. i'd probably get a tube only if i were doingthe hwole car with the grease or mutliple cars.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.