The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: paint for in and out of my 7g

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    phatman011

paint for in and out of my 7g

ok i have seen alot of people with there grill's painted and there interiors painted too. i was wondering where i can find a good paint to do that with and what kind to use.

brandon
    I just went to Home Depot and picked out the color I liked (silver). Just make sure you do 3 or 4 coats and do a couple clear coats over that. Should hold up pretty well (the more coats the better though).

My interior pics should be coming soon... (if CVS stops taking forever to develop my pics!!)

On hard plastics I used Krylon Fusion like primer...then vinyl paint and finally clear coat. My whole interior is painted...so feel free to ask about anything.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

SNoW
    ok - i got a question - why r u using clear coat with fusion - i did my interior too and i can just about beat my peices with a hammer and i didnt use clear - it just defeats the purpose of the krylon fusion

The fusion is really a base coat. It isn't my color, but it's very close. I use duplicolor vinyl paint for my color scheme. It is prone to scratching on plastic surfaces but when painted over the fusion it bonds very well. I use the clear coat to give it a gloss finish. It also gives me the option of waxing my interior pieces. That way I can always have a shine to my interior that most people with a custom paint can't get.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search