The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Electric aerial motor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    J apmetal
    I got mine genuine from my local dealer for £30 [$72 AUD], which I thought wasnt too bad a price considering. [I get a discount tho, since I'm in the trade & riendly with the staff there]

marktheblake

Re: In Australia...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HH GSR Owner)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think genuine is the only way to go....
    Without getting it imported at least.
    I had heard that it is the same make as one of the Pajero </div>

too late with the good oil mate - found that exact one for AU$40 locally, the Manufacturer is http://www.aerpro.com.au

Its part no. AP253 and fits Magna, Pajero, and Verada , but according to them *not* a Galant. In fact this mob say the Galant has a pillar mount.

I found this part by comparing the measurements, its 11mm wide and 248 long retracted. Its a match and the picture looked the same and took a gamble on the $40, and worked like a dream, no problems at all except for the black stuff all over me (removing the broken rope).

Actually i had a bit of a drama putting it back in (exactly the way it was before), the inside sleeve would not reach the 'hole' and came up about 1cm short. Then i remembered that when i dismantled it, the 'nob' at the top of the internal sleeve had been taped up, obviously to make it longer so it reached. Then I realised, no wonder the Non-Galant Antenna fits, because the Motor is a Non-Galant one and they had to mod it to fit.

Then I experimented a bit, and looking at the 'crossbar' that attaches to the bottom of the motor, i switched it around the other way, and voila - perfect fit.

Moral of the Story: Putting it back together exactly the same way it was before aint necessarily correct if the guy did the job before you was a boofhead!

Holy thread revival, Batman!!
    Having probs with the auto aerial.... Is no action when radio turned on or off.
    Does anyone have the pin outs for the 8pin connector from the loom to the aerial? I have checked and there is 12v on some of the pins, but m not sure if the radio on trigger is connected. Would like to check signals before replacing and, if that is necessary, know which wires to tap into?

Thanks for the quick replies folks. Have sorted it myself now 🙀

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12