Thread: Bumper swap

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    G-Lant

Bumper swap

hey fellas do you think that the bumper from a 97-up G7 would fit
    on the older G7's

thanks

Experienced TGC Member
    Absolutely, actually a member here by the name of White -G-host has done it. He has a 95 also.

From what I understand you'll need the T-bar that goes between the hood and the front skirt. Other than that it should bolt right up.... you can't have mine though
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

depending upon when you wanna do the swap, I might be willing to trade out the t-bar for the grills on my 97.

I just got my kit (Dean's old one), I am starting to fix it and should have it ready to go in a couple weeks (I am a perfectionist).

If you are interested let me know.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

G-Lant
    I will let you know. Hopefully I can get it, my bumper now is in bad shape.

96TEXASgalant
    So in addition to the bumper I have to get the t-bar? I want the 97-98 bumper for my 96 too! I thought I could just swap them out? The 97-98 bumpers look so much cleaner and aggressive.

well on the 97/98 its not a T-bar, cuz its not in the shape of a T, but u will need the hood bar

don't get the t-bar, get some custom fiberglass work done, that'd be original

MitsuMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NyGalant4G63T)</div><div class='quotemain'>well on the 97/98 its not a T-bar, cuz its not in the shape of a T, but u will need the hood bar</div>

oh brother....... u know what he means...lol

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MitsuMan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NyGalant4G63T)</div><div class='quotemain'>well on the 97/98 its not a T-bar, cuz its not in the shape of a T, but u will need the hood bar</div>

oh brother....... u know what he means...lol</div>

LOL it does look like a "T" though, a really jacked up one... like this...

Code:
    _______/

Â* Â*|,

Hahaha that looks so lame, oh well... best I could do from work
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse)</div><div class='quotemain'>don't get the t-bar, get some custom fiberglass work done, that'd be original</div>

shoot out some ideas here....I am gonna have extra fiberglass when I finish my bumper so what were you thinking about doing? (I'm considering the opening on the EVO for a grill)
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

MitsuMan
    i want to see a billet grille fitted into there!, u can make the small outside holes of the kit more rounder for EVO fog lights, that would be so hot then i would have to take the kit back from u.....no, im serious,,......no i am////lol