The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: safe zone rpm

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

safe zone rpm

i was driving and i floored it on 2nd gear and noticed i get the most hp a5 5k to 6k...which really sucks because i never reach that when im just on drive...how high can i let the rpm rise ???... i think 6k is redlining already...some some people say up 7k but thats beyond the redline and i feel like the engine my be stressing out...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Moosh
    I think 6.5K is the maximum limit that your ECU/TCU will let you reach.

ive been at 8k before by accident i was going a 110wheni pressed the over drive button by accident :x
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

VypA
    in my auto i usually shift at or before 6000, i dont think there is anything to gain going past that up to 6500....

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    usually when i used to race in "stick" mode (putting it in L, then shifting up accordingly) i used to let hte rpms ride just untill it hit the first red mark on the redline range, then shift that instant, it let the rpms float a few hundred more into the red as the clutch shifted into the next gear. [/i]
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

maroonmonster7G
    how exactly do i use L 2 and drive to take off faster..or as u say it use stick mode............i do all me regular driving with my over drive on is that bad.cause i've been doin it for about 2 years

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    4g64's redline close to 6200 rpms. (give or take) The automatic "stick" mode will just reduce the life of your tranny if you prolong the use. The "L" and "2" shift points/gears where designed specifically to haul heavy weight...NOT to use the gears to reach higher rpms. This is coming from a guy that used the auto "stick" mode frequently and tranny my tranny died.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    if your car shifts at the redline then theres no advantage in using the "stick" mode. i only use it to downshift...

some cars do not shift at 6-6.2k...if ur car shifts before that then you could use "stick" mode and be a little bit faster, but do not exceed 6.2k rpm
    7g for life!