The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tri-diamond emblem on trunk

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Tri-diamond emblem on trunk

I want to remove the emblem but there are two peg like things holding it onto the trunk. I can see the pegs from the inside of the trunk. Can i just cut the pegs on the inside of the trunk and use the fishing string to cut threw the glue to remove it?

Dre
    Yes you can. But unless you intend to reuse it and put another in its place, you will have two holes that are noticeable from the outside. That is where those two pegs sit. I changed out my red one with a chrome one. Just kind of seesaw the fishing string through each part of the diamond. I suppose that you could fill the holes in with something, but it may still be noticeable.

ya i want to replace the red one with the chrome one also. How did you get the new one to stick on, does it come with new pegs to stick threw the trunk or did you jus use some double sided tape? Did you get the chrome one from the dealership? How much did you pay? I just got off the phone with the one here in town and they want $20 for the chrome one.

Does anyone have the chrome emblem they want to sell?

Dre
    Yes it comes with pegs, and has its own adhesive. Just pull off the plastic covering the adhesive. I had to slightly stretch my pegs for the new one but not much. The good thing about the pegs and the holes is that you know that the emblem (also called Mark III diamand) is centered. I think I paid $16 for mine from the dealer. The largest one is still slightly smaller the your original red one. But I also got two smaller ones at around $12 a piece to place on my front fender. The smaller ones do not have pegs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TexasMade)</div><div class='quotemain'>ya i want to replace the red one with the chrome one also. Â*How did you get the new one to stick on, does it come with new pegs to stick threw the trunk or did you jus use some double sided tape? Did you get the chrome one from the dealership? How much did you pay? I just got off the phone with the one here in town and they want $20 for the chrome one. Â*

Does anyone have the chrome emblem they want to sell?</div>
    You can always do what I did, just get some chrome (or whatever color you like) vinyl and cover over the red. It's easy to follow the channel of the emblem with a razor knife. Then you don't have to worry about replacing anything and you can change the color whenever yo like.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

ahhh....the ol trace and cut trick. Might have to go do that.

Thanks yall.

BXNYMitsu01
    I was thinking about changing mines too, but now I like it and it matches my lights which looks nice. But I might get some and use it somewhere else on my car but not sure where I will put it.

hikix
    use a blowdryer!!!!! use a blowdryer and it will melt the adhesive.. then just peel it off!!!!!!!! :shock:

i'd use the pegs to your advantage. i cut most of the adhesive with the fishing line but i pushed on the pegs from inside of the trunk lid to seperate teh emblem from the trunk lid so i can grab it with my hands and pull it off. cutting the pegs off before you take off the emblem is making the job harder than it has to be,

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ya that does sound easier. Now that im at work and on the clock im gonna go out there and cut them dam things off.