The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cat- back for I4 galant 2001

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Viarman

cat- back for I4 galant 2001

Hi fellas, I've been doing research for a while about cat back system. There are so many brand and model offered by manufactures. Please, I need your opinion about which one the best product for my car. The best meant less sound and more HP. I'm kind of dummie about engine and car, so I know it might be simple and silly question for you guys, but I really appreciated if you can help me out with this.

Re: cat- back for I4 galant 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Viarman
    Hi fellas, I've been doing research for a while about cat back system. There are so many brand and model offered by manufactures. Please, I need your opinion about which one the best product for my car. The best meant less sound and more HP. I'm kind of dummie about engine and car, so I know it might be simple and silly question for you guys, but I really appreciated if you can help me out with this.
    If that location is Rockville Maryland then a custom catback with magnaflow muffler can be done for about 225. The did hte work on my I4 but I choose to use a much louder OBX muffler instead. With my new setup Im definitly going with the magnaflow!

Viarman
    The reason I don't like noisy muffler because of my neighborhood. I just want my car looks like stock, but run faster than any other stock car. Thank's about your opinion about magnaflow...

yea you definitly dont want obx then, cause your neighbor's will be onyour ass whenever you start the car.

Viarman
    I just went back from magnaflow dealer, he said that he doesn't have cat back for my 2001 galant I4- 2.4 L. and the worst he said that he doesn't know which muffler perfect for my car...
    Please I need help from you guys, you might know the magnaflow cat back and muffler's part number so I can order it.

Viarman
    sorry double posted, my comp is suck

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Your best bet would be to buy an exhuast that you like, and go to a muffler shop and just have them mandrel bend the pipping from the header back. No company out actually makes a full cat-back for us, and no the eclipse cat-back wont work either..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

BXNYMitsu01
    Yeah our cars don't get ready made catbacks. So we need them custom made. Good luck on that. Welcome to TGC.