The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: looking for a test pipe

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    VIO

looking for a test pipe

anyone know where to get a test pipe for an i4 fed spec with stock exhaust?

try an exhust shop. many times they will fabricate one for you. but most shops won't u leave the lot with it on since you are removign an emmissions device and thats illegal to jsut leave it off and they can be held responsible.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

VIO
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>try an exhust shop. many times they will fabricate one for you. but most shops won't u leave the lot with it on since you are removign an emmissions device and thats illegal to jsut leave it off and they can be held responsible.</div>

yeah, but a shop is always my back up. they'll charge for "custom" work and if someone makes a prefab like http://www.miamidsm.addr.com/DBrode/testpipes.htm then it's usually cheaper. i sent an email to this guy and he's not sure if he can make one or what the price is. i think if some people show some interest we might be able to get a drop out replacement "test pipe" made for us at a fairly reasonable price. so if you're interested then let me know and if not well i guess i'll pay more then.

Test pipe as in entire exhaust? I have the downpipe for the cali spec I4 in the shed...

VIO
    a "test pipe" is a straight piece of pipe that has flanges on the end and you bolt it in, in place of your cat. it's just a simple way to remove your cat and be able to replace it for emissions tests and what not. it's not legal but when was that last time a cop crawled under your car to check if you have a cat? the nice thing is it frees up a few horse at the wheel and makes for a slightly nicer sound.

Hey Vio talk to [email protected] (407-923-3966) they have them or get ahold of David THomas from RPW.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

VIO
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey Vio talk to [email protected] (407-923-3966) Â*they have them or get ahold of David THomas from RPW.</div>

i'll send them an email, thanks. do you know if their pipe has the flex pipe and hangers welded on to it? mitsu decided to place a set of hangers an inch before the cat so you have to weld hangers every time you change your cat, and a piece of flex pipe too. poor engineering. they should have simply placed the hangers and flex pipe after the flange so the cat would be "modular". oh well.

oh you want teh flex pipe also. Well you can order the flex pipe, and straight pipe. it does come with hangers. it's pretty mch a direct bolt on. Well I know it is with the RPW header but I am not sure if it as direct if your not using the header. but you may wanna call or email to find out.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"