The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Zex or other Nitrous on a V-6

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    xxsn0blindxx

Zex or other Nitrous on a V-6

I am new to the list, researching mods for a friend's 99 Galant and I was wondering how the V-6 Galants react to nitrous. searched the archives but didn't find any info. I've been looking at the Zex kit as it is easy to install and virtually fool-proof. I'm assuming a 50-55 shot would be the safest amount on a stock motor. What have others run? What 1/4 mile times can be expected with a 50-55 shot? Also what are the specs on the 6G72 as found in the Galants, i.e. compression, forged or cast crank/rods/pistons? I know the TT 6G72 motors in the 3/S cars had forged internals after 94, did any of this carry over into the latest version of the motor? I'm aware the bottom ends on these are pretty stout with the monoblock/girdle design, I have a Chrysler vehicle with the SOHC 8.85:1 compression 6G72 motor.

Joe

xxsn0blindxx
    Oh yeah, I remembered one other thing, this will be going into an automatic car, how well do these trannies hold up?

Joe

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    You could easily run a 100 shot of nitrous on the v6 powerplant, without to much of a worry on internals but i do recommend them very much so, because i've been sprayin for a while..ON the bottle i've run easily a high 12 low 13 second pass but i have a fully built motor well that was the first one anywayz.. You can only expect about .75-1.0sec difference in your 1320 time, thats only assuming you get a good reaction. I fyou dont the nitrous is only makin up for the bad start. My auto tranny after being bulletproofed still got turned to soup but after boost and being on the bottle what more can you expect from it. The manual that I have put into it now is holding up really well to spray but will go back to boost at a later date.
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.