The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Now I am confused??...??

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    NYchulo3

Now I am confused??...??

Well about 3 weeks ago I was drivin on the expressway to just my luck, my tranny went. I was not able to drive or move my car anywhere no matter what I did. A shop told me they would fix it for me and I told them to hold off on that. Now its about 3 weeks later and I have not drove the car. Tonite I tried to move the car, and when I put it in drive, the car worked fine!!!! HUH??? It drove and accelerated with no problem, only problem is that when I shift into reverse the car does not move. Is this definitely the tranny or could it be something else???

when you turned on the car, did yuo put it in DRIVE right away, or did you let the car warm-up? because if you drive your car COLD when your trany is going, the car will drive okay, until it warms up for a while.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Double check your tranny fluid, also I noticed when i got my new G that the tranny gave a lil slip sometimes or that was what i was told by the previous owner. But anyway i was determined to see what it was he was talking about, I noticed the radiator was rotted out and not cooling adequately also the tranny cooler was blocked with alot of gunk, leaves,bugs, man u name it all that shit was in there. Looked like a little Furn Gully between there and the radiator(It was never cleaned i guess).

Ok back to the story now......................
    I took the radiator and tranny cooler from my dearly departed 7G and put those suckers on. That solved the problem, no more slip or anything for that matter.

Also check your tranny lines, inspect the hoses very carefully.
    Look for small pin holes and cracks, especially where the hose goes on the nipple and the clamps . Clamps can be too tight resulting in tearing or cutting the hose.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678