The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 19s how much of a drop

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    galant00

19s how much of a drop

i need help!! i just bought some 19s and i want to drop it but not to low because i have a driveway that i have to go up to get to it.. i have 2 12 inch subs in the back i dont no if u need that info.. what do u guys suggest coilovers?? springs?? let me know everything i need camber kit, struts, shocks..i want to do it right the first time..i have a 4 cyl 2000 es..

k, well you definatly need a camber kit for the rear. Shocks/struts you do not need, but are nice because your stock ones will blow sooner or later with aftermarket suspension. Now spings will give you better ride. Coilovers are not as nice, little more bouncy, but, the big with is that you can adjust the height of the ride with coilovers. Thats my only reason for getting coils over springs. We get alot of snow here, and I didnt feel like using my bumper as a plow.

Should run you under $1000 though, that should even cover install.

PoisonPancakes
    I was about to ask this same thing, since i plan on getting some 19s and lowering the car some. How many inches of drop do you all suggest to make it look good?

How much $$$ difference between coils and springs, and which brands do you all prefer?

You definatly want to go with Ground Control Coilovers. I would say thats the best out there, unless you want true coilovers, like Tein's, but thats in the $800 range. I got my GC's for $300. I might have them for sale as well, as I still might bag my ride. If your interested PM me.

As for how much, I believe Dave@SE had right around a 2" drop all around. Not exactly 2", but more or less and he had 19's.

As for springs, there are a few brands that are recomended. Progress, Eibach to name a couple.

galant00
    is there any springs with a low drop for a 4 cyl.. like 1.2 for the front and 1.0 for the back... thats the most i want...i hava 4 cylinder so eibach and H&R are for v6..so what should i do??

galant2nr
    You can lower it up to 4" before the tires hit the inside of the fenders.

I recommend GC coil-overs also if you want to be lower than normal springs. Don't buy those crappy coilovers from companys like Matrix or APC.

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    lets see some pics of those 19s.....

...U N D E A D...

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    hey Inkjet the double post guy. fix it :?

and to try to answer your question, I say determine the actual width of the gap and go grom there. you gonna prolly drop 2-4 inches in front and maybe 1-2 at most in the back. i have 19s and I dont plan to drop in the back at all. its up to you tho. good luck.

...U N D E A D...

galant00
    i will as soon as i get tires. i am thinking of falken, nitto, or toyo, what you guys think?? i have the MOTEGI FF5 rims in hyperblack the one on the lancer in 2fast 2furious, my car is black by the way.... yeah i think i am going to save some money and get ground controls with new shocks and struts.