Thread: More 8g v6 turbo kits...

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

More 8g v6 turbo kits...

ClickHere

im starting to get jealous
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    OMFG I WANT A V6....GRRR. what are the power gains on these baddasses? 20%%%???!?? ahhhhh i want a V6 now.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

TGC Regular
    v6 2.0 ???

6a12 ???

i dont think this is for a usdm galant
    Your signature is too long.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hsinya)</div><div class='quotemain'>v6 2.0 ???

6a12 ???

i dont think this is for a usdm galant</div>
    Nope it definately isn't. I lust for this motor, in case anyone wants to buy me one...

The FTO engine comes in several guises, but the most interesting is the 24valve V6 found in the GR, GP, GPR and GPX versions. The main difference between the GR and GP/X/R is the additional of variable valve timing to allow the engine to run different cam profiles at different revs. The MIVEC system is very similar to the Honda VTEC system in that it adjusts timing on both inlet and outlet ports. Many cars that offer variable valve timing only control the inlet ports timing and do this electronically rather than using two cam settings. The FTO has two sets of cam lobes (giving it 4 cams in total), one for low-down torque response and the other for top-end power. These are electronically controlled and hydraulically actuated. The transition between low and high cam settings is not as abrupt as the VTEC system which can feel like a turbo kicking in, but it is noticeable and the car does seem to "dig-in" more when this happens. The point at which the cams switch is about 5500rpm, but by use of a MIVEC controller it is possible to alter this. This can simply be a case of dropping the rpm point, but the more sophisticated controllers also allow you to specify the lift for different RPMs.

General specifications

6A12-MIVEC
    6 cylinders in a V shape with a 60° angle with double overhead camshafts.
    Combustion is carried out in a pent roof type combustion chamber
    Cylinder bore of 78.4mm, piston stroke or 69.0mm and a compression ration of 10.0
    There are three ignition coils controlling the spark plugs in pairs (1+4), (2+5), (3+6)
    The valve timing at low speed is at 15° (Intake opening), 41° (Intake closing), 41° (Exhaust opening), 15° (Exhaust closing) and at high speed is 37.5°, 82.5° for the intake and 75°, 30° for the exhaust.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

whats up guyz... hey i was just checkin out that website.. and im lookin for pistons... cuz im soon to be settin up my turbo when i get it and i wanna set it to about 10 pounds of boost... now i know im gonna need pistons... i gotta v6 and i saw a set of pistons but i just wanna make sure if they're the rite pistons for my gtz... anyone got any info for me??
    anthony

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Quote Originally Posted by hsinya
    v6 2.0 ???

6a12 ???

i dont think this is for a usdm galant
    Nope it definately isn't. I lust for this motor, in case anyone wants to buy me one...

The FTO engine comes in several guises, but the most interesting is the 24valve V6 found in the GR, GP, GPR and GPX versions. The main difference between the GR and GP/X/R is the additional of variable valve timing to allow the engine to run different cam profiles at different revs. The MIVEC system is very similar to the Honda VTEC system in that it adjusts timing on both inlet and outlet ports. Many cars that offer variable valve timing only control the inlet ports timing and do this electronically rather than using two cam settings. The FTO has two sets of cam lobes (giving it 4 cams in total), one for low-down torque response and the other for top-end power. These are electronically controlled and hydraulically actuated. The transition between low and high cam settings is not as abrupt as the VTEC system which can feel like a turbo kicking in, but it is noticeable and the car does seem to "dig-in" more when this happens. The point at which the cams switch is about 5500rpm, but by use of a MIVEC controller it is possible to alter this. This can simply be a case of dropping the rpm point, but the more sophisticated controllers also allow you to specify the lift for different RPMs.

General specifications

6A12-MIVEC
    6 cylinders in a V shape with a 60° angle with double overhead camshafts.
    Combustion is carried out in a pent roof type combustion chamber
    Cylinder bore of 78.4mm, piston stroke or 69.0mm and a compression ration of 10.0
    There are three ignition coils controlling the spark plugs in pairs (1+4), (2+5), (3+6)
    The valve timing at low speed is at 15° (Intake opening), 41° (Intake closing), 41° (Exhaust opening), 15° (Exhaust closing) and at high speed is 37.5°, 82.5° for the intake and 75°, 30° for the exhaust.
    I need to get me one of these FTOs.