The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Slight increase?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Slight increase?

Hi,
    I'm new to this forum.
    I have a 1990 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi Hatchback.
    It runs from 0-100 kph in about 10~11 seconds.
    I want to increase that a little bit.
    What is the best course of action?

P.S.: Kick ass forum BTW
    1990 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi Hatchback *SOLD*
    2004 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

[FIN]Teme

Re: Slight increase?

it's not worth the trouble to do anything on that engine..

buy whole new car, or swap GTi engine and modify that...

btw. i think you mean decrease the 0-100 time

Re: Slight increase?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE([FIN)</div><div class='quotemain'>Teme]btw. i think you mean decrease the 0-100 time </div>Oops, too little sleep last night.

ConceptSleeper
    simple things can make a good difference, intake, exhaust, lower the car etc...

Rasko Da Gama
    There are some little things you could doo, but the power will not increase a lot. I have the same engine in my car (2.0L SOHC 8Valve). K&N filter, exhaust, but this is it... If you really want to increase power, than try to find a DOHC engine (16Valve) from GTi - or find a Galant GTi - this engine is much more open to modificaions...

And ofcourse - Welcome on the board

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ConceptSleeper)</div><div class='quotemain'>simple things can make a good difference, intake, exhaust, lower the car etc...</div>Any suggestions?
    Because I went to a tuning company here in Holland and they told me that a K&N filter wasn't possible in my car because of the electronics in the original filter.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeucken)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ConceptSleeper)</div><div class='quotemain'>simple things can make a good difference, intake, exhaust, lower the car etc...</div>Any suggestions?
    Because I went to a tuning company here in Holland and they told me that a K&N filter wasn't possible in my car because of the electronics in the original filter.</div>

electronics in a filter? they're probably talking about the MAS. its hard to trust shops these days, this one tried to tell me my car was blowing CV joints cause of my cold air intake, but anyways, just put a K&N in yourself and i dont know about feeling a difference, but i'll make one.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>electronics in a filter? they're probably talking about the MAS. its hard to trust shops these days, this one tried to tell me my car was blowing CV joints cause of my cold air intake, but anyways, just put a K&N in yourself and i dont know about feeling a difference, but i'll make one.</div>But which K&N filter, where to order, and any ideas on the costs?

Part number for KN filter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeucken)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>electronics in a filter? they're probably talking about the MAS. its hard to trust shops these days, this one tried to tell me my car was blowing CV joints cause of my cold air intake, but anyways, just put a K&N in yourself and i dont know about feeling a difference, but i'll make one.</div>But which K&N filter, where to order, and any ideas on the costs?</div>

Hi! Nice to see another european enthusiast!
    You'll have to locate a KN filter dealer yourself, but once you do here's what to order:
    Part number: KN 57-5500
    This is a KN 57i filter that's made for 1st generation Eclipses, and since the engines and intakes are the same on those cars as on 6th generation Galants it is a DIRECT FIT!
    It costs 2400 NOK in Norway, 1 Euro(€) is approximately 8 NOK.
    Given that the Norwegian government taxes the shit out of all things car related, you will probably get away with a pricetag in the area of 250€.

For pictures of the filter installed in a Galant, have a look at this website:
    http://home.no.net/snerik/car.htm

I hope this was of some help!

[/url]
    Last edited by pro_sniper; 11-28-2010 at 07:24 AM
    --- Hell Hath No Fury Like My 4G63 ---

www.silvergalant.com

Part number for KN filter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeucken)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>electronics in a filter? they're probably talking about the MAS. its hard to trust shops these days, this one tried to tell me my car was blowing CV joints cause of my cold air intake, but anyways, just put a K&N in yourself and i dont know about feeling a difference, but i'll make one.</div>But which K&N filter, where to order, and any ideas on the costs?</div>

Hi! Nice to see another european enthusiast!
    You'll have to locate a KN filter dealer yourself, but once you do here's what to order:
    Part number: KN 57-5500
    This is a KN 57i filter that's made for 1st generation Eclipses, and since the engines and intakes are the same on those cars as on 6th generation Galants it is a DIRECT FIT!
    It costs 2400 NOK in Norway, 1 Euro(€) is approximately 8 NOK.
    Given that the Norwegian government taxes the shit out of all things car related, you will probably get away with a pricetag in the area of 250€.

For pictures of the filter installed in a Galant, have a look at this website:
    http://home.no.net/snerik/car.htm

I hope this was of some help!

[/url]
    Last edited by pro_sniper; 11-28-2010 at 07:25 AM

www.silvergalant.com

And what advantage does this thing do exactly? (I'm still a bit of a n00b in those areas)

Rasko Da Gama
    K&N filter will not make much difference exept for that louder sound. If you really want to add some HP to your car change the whole exhaust sistem, and make sure that you have a cold air intake - you have to isolate K&N filter from warm air near engine!

Hope this helps,
    cheers

Rasko

ConceptSleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jeucken
    And what advantage does this thing do exactly? (I'm still a bit of a n00b in those areas)
    this mod isnt really for HP increases it more or less allows the engine to breathe easier, which helps increase throttle response, sounds better and if you can fashion it to recieve cold air, a slight bump in power!!

orangbaligila
    get a vr-4 engine,... the money you'll use to get a "slight" increase for your current engine will be enough for a VR-4 front-cut,... trust me... the power-gain-to-cost ratio of mod-ing your SOHC will be half the ratio of buying the vr-4 front cut,.... check e-bay,... they have loads of them...

Gas'd up Jap Power

Let's not forget the cheapest and easiest way of all when it comes to gaining a slight bit of horsepower... Nitrous.
    Last edited by pro_sniper; 11-28-2010 at 07:26 AM

www.silvergalant.com

ConceptSleeper
    for your exhaust, get a high flow catalytic converter and mandrel bent piping back to a good free flowing muffler. also check out the CAI from Injen for the 1g non turbo eclipse(will fit the n/a galants)