The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 210Watt Infinity Sound question

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    zekeESV6

210Watt Infinity Sound question

Question for the experts

i have a 03 es V6 with the sun and sound package, comes with the upgraded system, and I was wondering if the stock CD player had RCA outputs for a woofer or not.

thanks.

(trying to save money for now til i can afford a new cd player)

nope, it does not.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

zekeESV6
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>nope, it does not.</div>

ok, damn.

also, is the amp (im assuming that whaty makes it 210 watts) built in to that receiver? in other words, when i replace the receiever to keep the sound quality the same or better, would ui need to get a receiever that has t least that output?

kinda confusing as i dont know what im talking about.....

the 100 watt reciever has a built in amp. the 210 has an external amp that is located under the front seat,

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zekeESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>nope, it does not.</div>

ok, damn.

also, is the amp (im assuming that whaty makes it 210 watts) built in to that receiver? in other words, when i replace the receiever to keep the sound quality the same or better, would ui need to get a receiever that has t least that output?

kinda confusing as i dont know what im talking about.....</div>
    Let me see if I can help. The thing in your dash is just a receiver/cd player. It's referred to as the Head Unit. No outputs except the plug to the amp under the passenger seat. Output from the amp feeds all the speakers. No external jacks there either. If you're installing additional amps like for subs, you can tape the high impedance output from the rear speakers or at the amp. (Just different ends of the same wires)

If you want to replace the head unit, no problem, you just match up the wires from the amp to the new head unit, or get an adapter if there's one available. I have my stock HU so I never checked.

Hope that helps.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

That should say TAP the wires at the amp, not tape, but edit isn't working ...
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I dont know how old your question is. But I just put a new deck in my 02 galant w/ the infinity system. I installed it myself, so if you have anymore questions just hit me up.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(macknati)</div><div class='quotemain'>I dont know how old your question is. Â*But I just put a new deck in my 02 galant w/ the infinity system. Â*I installed it myself, so if you have anymore questions just hit me up.</div>

Well since the last post was made TWO YEARS AGO, I would hope the user has long ago gotten his problem solved.