The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: drum to disk?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 62
    stryker204

drum to disk?

dose anyone kno if the tutorial for drum to disk of the 2nd gen eclipse would also work on the 7th gen galant?
    thanx
    jeff

stryker204
    ttt

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    where is this tutorial?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

cnewett99
    what up man.
    im tryin to the same thing for mine. i havent looked around much yet but i was wonderin wheres a good place to buy them cuz i need all new breaks anyway so i figured id just get all disk if i could. if you get a chance i need to know what i need to buy before i do all this cuz im pretty much clueless when it comes to this shit.

-chirs

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    :?: :?:
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Is the lug pattern different on the eclipses?
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

onefastcavi
    eclipse = 5 lug

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    {RESURRRRRRRECTION}

Ok if the rear drums change to 5 lug after this conversion, how do you change the frmt to 5 lug

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>{RESURRRRRRRECTION}

Ok if the rear drums change to 5 lug after this conversion, how do you change the frmt to 5 lug</div>

Replace the entire hub assembly that has a 5-lug bolt circle on it. In this case one from a 2G Eclipse.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Has anyone done this conversion. I was talking to a friend who has done brake work on another make and model. He'll probably help me do this, but he was wondering if i'll need new calipers for the front. if the old calipers will fit over the eclipse rotor.

I'm not too sure of what i'm talking about, so any help would be appreciated. maube even a tutorial. I found the rear conversion, just wondering about the front now.

GPTourer
    I'm interested in doing this too. I have a '97 LS and though I want rims for the car, I don't want to buy 4 on 4.5's. 5 on 4.5's are much more widely used in case I want to sell the rims later or I sell the car and want to use the rims on something else.

Apparently, Galants were available with rear discs up until '94. Maybe somebody with a GS can chime in. So, what I'm wondering is if you can use Eclipse rotors with Galant calipers.

I have a '98 GS-T and my previous plan was to upgrade the brakes on that car with a whole new front kit. Then take the stock GS-T brakes and put them on my G, then do some sort of upgrade on the rear of to get rid of the drums so that I can have 5x114.3 on both cars. The part numbers for GS-T and LS calipers DO NOT match. My question is, can Eclipse rotors be used with Galant calipers?

i checked out the dealer catalog and i looked up the part numbers for the calipers on the 95 galant and eclipse and the part numbers matched. you just gotta make sure you get the ones from the fwd cars.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    all of you goto: http://www.4g64.com/modules.php?op=modload...oads&file=index

Download the CAPS program. Caps will let you look up whatever part numbers for prety much any year car from 89-99 (maybe 2k) and then you can compare for urself if part numbers are the same from a 2g eclipse as a 7g galant, then they fit.

PDFS are the mitsubishi manuals for the 2g eclipse/spyder. Vast majority of the information on the Spyder 4g64 is our engine, except for the ignition system. It all comes in handy, 420a info is in there too if anyone is interested, but the pdfs are a bitch to look through cause the table of contents sucks. But hey its free.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Turbo 2g eclipse used 2 piston calipers, ours are one piston. But I do believe we can use the duel piston calipers on our galant. Just have to swap the right with the left and vice versa...
    7g for life!

GPTourer
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    i checked out the dealer catalog and i looked up the part numbers for the calipers on the 95 galant and eclipse and the part numbers matched. you just gotta make sure you get the ones from the fwd cars.
    Yeah my Eclipse is FWD. But turbo brakes must be bigger then N/A's, thus a different caliper. I had thought that only the GSX/AWD's had the two piston calipers.

Here is the upgrade I was planning on my GS-T:

http://www3.smart.net/~extreme/g2cat/brake.htm

It's halfway down the page and a lot cheaper then the AEM package I was eyeballing. And the Wilwood, Brembo, Stoptech options are just way out of my price range. I figure some of you guys might be interested. I'll find out what I can get stock GSX calipers for tomorrow. But Baer has that aftermarket upgrade look that may be too hard to pass up.

GtrickinN12
    i was thinkin about doing the same thing. i also own a 1st gen talon and i was think about takin the rear calipers off it and puttin in my galant. the talons breaking system is pretty good.

GtrickinN12
    i know you can take Acuras big caliper systems and throw them on civics.
    plz touch back.

jusblaze
    The only thing that bothers me is that you will need to get two different types of rims for the front and back because the front brakes are a 4 lug, and if you do this then ur rear is a 5 lug which means if you buy rims they will look real weird at least to me that is...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    THen just do the 5lug conversion for the front as well
    7g for life!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast