The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1/4 Mile times for the I4 (Stock or Modded)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 43
    Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whips_n_chains408
    oh damn thats hella tyte when does that happen?
    the next season starts next year, so my car has to be ready to go by then.. But i may take my girls old ride instead
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

leadfoot
    damn and im hoping to get into the 15's all motor.

BlaqueOut
    Quote Originally Posted by leadfoot
    damn and im hoping to get into the 15's all motor.
    lol...sounds like a plan

Senior TGC Member
    That's not too bad a goal...if you can somehow up the hp at the crank to about 180 horses you should be able to hit the 15s.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Slowmaster
    That's not too bad a goal...if you can somehow up the hp at the crank to about 180 horses you should be able to hit the 15s.
    Using the standard 30% loss factor for out A/T, 180BHP will result in about 130WHP. I doubt you'll hit 15's with that.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Using the standard 30% loss factor for out A/T, 180BHP will result in about 130WHP. I doubt you'll hit 15's with that.
    Leadfoot for you to hit 15's all motor, your going to need at least 220 to the crank which is about 185-190whp... sounds like a do able goal.. I was able to do about 14.5 all motor without juice..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadAche
    Leadfoot for you to hit 15's all motor, your going to need at least 220 to the crank which is about 185-190whp... sounds like a do able goal.. I was able to do about 14.5 all motor without juice..
    All-motor=No spray, no boost, so that last comment is kind of redundant
    Sucks to have a slushbox, doesn't it? 50 hp loss is pretty damn much. 130whp doesn't produce 15's on a car that weighs 2500 lbs, so there's no way in hell 180crank hp will put out anything less than mid-to-high 16s timeslips. On the other hand, a 200hp 2500 lb ITR will run high 14's stock or near stock, all motor, everyday. VTEC ain't so bad now, is it? That's about 3 seconds faster than your galants...crazyness...and all for under $25k. Hell a GSR will run low 15's all day stock too. And those were around$21k brand new.

My Integra runs a 16.0 stock...and with an intake i'm easily into the 15's, getting better gas mileage, and a better suspension set-up. With the $2500 or so worth in mods i'll be doing this winter, I'll be in high 13's. There's really no reason that I/H/E and a pulley should put out mid 16's on any car. Seems like kind of a waste to me. The only thing I can't do is go and get all the groceries. jk guys.

My buddy on here...don't know his name or anything, has intake and a flowmaster muffler, and he claims to be running high 16's, low 17's "with a good launch...." Sorry Nick, there's not a whole lot to launching automatics. Especially weak ones. Now don't go stalking me again around stlsr

Experienced TGC Member
    ^What trim is your Integra? I've raced several Integras and yet to win by less than several car lengths. I even owned an Integra (before I got in my crash), and they are FAR from fast. If your going to start bragging about GSRs, take on a vr4. . .and then keep talking.

As for a car with 180wph, and curb weight of 2500 lbs not running better than 16~16.5, is plain retarded. What about the Celica GTS? Mid to low 14s, with 160 hp, and a curb weight of ~2500 lbs.

Anyone know the whp of a 5spd (swapped obviously) galant with no other major mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet BLaK
    ^What trim is your Integra? I've raced several Integras and yet to win by less than several car lengths. I even owned an Integra (before I got in my crash), and they are FAR from fast. If your going to start bragging about GSRs, take on a vr4. . .and then keep talking.

As for a car with 180wph, and curb weight of 2500 lbs not running better than 16~16.5, is plain retarded. What about the Celica GTS? Mid to low 14s, with 160 hp, and a curb weight of ~2500 lbs.

Anyone know the whp of a 5spd (swapped obviously) galant with no other major mods?
    I have no problem with the VR-4's...i know that every one of them can smoke me. I know my Integra isn't fast. It's a slow piece of shit. VR-4's aren't fast either by the way. 12, 11 and 10 second timeslips are FAST street cars. All I'm saying is that I'm fastER than a 17 second galant. I have an LS special edition I/H/E, Venom PCM, short shifter. I stay at the bumper of a GSR with exhaust. Soon to have B20B/turbo setup.
    I truly doubt a Celica GTS will turn in low-14 second timeslips. That means with maybe intake and header, it would be on par with an LS1 F-body. I don't hear many Z28's and Trans Am's complaining about Celica GTSs.
    and you guys need to stop taking me so seriously. It's hard to convey sarcasm over the internet. I have as much to learn as some of you, I just offer my advice where I feel it is necessary. Screamoboy happens to be my BEST friend, nick. I was just calling him out on some bs he posted up. I can't stand liars, so i called him out.
    Let's all just get along

8ggalant
    i beg to differ...at least he may hit high 15s and low 16s...i mean u gotta think 97-100whp to 130 whp is quite a difference

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScootinIntegra

I have no problem with the VR-4's...i know that every one of them can smoke me. I know my Integra isn't fast. It's a slow piece of shit. VR-4's aren't fast either by the way. 12, 11 and 10 second timeslips are FAST street cars. All I'm saying is that I'm fastER than a 17 second galant. I have an LS special edition I/H/E, Venom PCM, short shifter. I stay at the bumper of a GSR with exhaust. Soon to have B20B/turbo setup.
    I truly doubt a Celica GTS will turn in low-14 second timeslips. That means with maybe intake and header, it would be on par with an LS1 F-body. I don't hear many Z28's and Trans Am's complaining about Celica GTSs.
    and you guys need to stop taking me so seriously. It's hard to convey sarcasm over the internet. I have as much to learn as some of you, I just offer my advice where I feel it is necessary. Screamoboy happens to be my BEST friend, nick. I was just calling him out on some bs he posted up. I can't stand liars, so i called him out.
    Let's all just get along
    Heres a timeslip of a GTS from newcelica.org

And heres the link:
    http://www.everythingcelica.com/ubbthreads.../icons/book.gif

This guy is NA but has A LOT of mods. I've seen some other guy on newcelica hit 13.9 NA.

As for ls1s, arnt they well in the 13s? Besides domestic people never complain about imports, they just try to make fun of them.

Let's all just get along
    My bro turned a 14.9@96mph (i believe) on a crappy track ALL STOCK.

what?? dont the celica GT-S's have 180bhp?

Quote Originally Posted by 2000GTZ
    what?? dont the celica GT-S's have 180bhp?
    yes, at the crank, and they don't put out low 14's stock.

Most average drivers on LS1 F-bodies will put out low 14 second ET's stock, all the way down to low 13's for an incredible driver. I think car and driver pulled a 12.92 out of their 2002 Z28, but that's magazine driving, and magazine driving is for bench racers.
    My comment about Ls1's vs. celica gts's was that if a gts was putting out low 14 second ET's stock, then the LS1 guys (and some 5.0 guys) would be worried as shit to be beat by a car with less than half their engine. But...GTS's don't run low 14's.

14.9 is not low 14's though.

And thanks Jet Blak...you know what for.

14.9 is not low 14's though.
    No, its not but mid 14s should be acheivable.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    to what effect?

to what effect?
    A very good one.

A very good one.
    haha.

That's still way slower than stock LS1's and such, which i think was the original purpose of that information

b-boy_sky
    Back on topic....

I havn't taken it to the track lately but I'm estimating a 16.2....

Quote Originally Posted by b-boy_sky
    Back on topic....

I havn't taken it to the track lately but I'm estimating a 16.2....
    what's your setup?
    If it's a secret don't worry about it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast