The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DBA question

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Kain

DBA question

This is mainly a question for the people who got the DBAs in the GB last year, but anyone is welcome to answer. I put them on less than a year ago. Right from the beginning, I noticed they would shudder at certain speeds and certain pedal pressure. I assumed this was normal, and ignored it. Recently the shuddering has gotten worse (to the point it started knocking loose the plastic pieces in the dash.) I took the braking system almost completely apart today, and back together making sure to retorque the bolts to spec. The worst of the shuddering went away, but it is still there and I fear it will become worse again. I've not washed the car since putting the brakes on (GA is having a water shortage, and cracking down hard on people caught using water--$500 fine) and I noticed they are fairly caked with brake dust, especially in the "drill holes" Has anyone had this problem, or know what caused it? I can't live with this. I don't wanna go back to stock rotors, but I can't afford another set of DBAs (not that I'd really want to considering the wait to get them and they warp[?] after not even a year!)

If nothing works, I'm gonna contact DBA and see what they say. But their products should hold up longer than a year of regular driving (about 8k miles)

I have them and I have no problem what so ever.
    Marcin P.

ANSA Exhaust
    Apex Springs
    KYB AGX struts all the way around
    (slowly working on more things)

Speed doesnt need beauty ~ Me

your rotors

:twisted: Bring to a shop and check for runout if more than 3 thousaths get the rotors turned, Thats the most cost of pulsation too much runout :twisted:

Kain
    Just FYI, I got a response back from DBA. They're trying to help me find the problem and sent me a list of possible problems. I'm going to check out some of their suggestions and see if any of them work, especially since many of them are fairly simple. (they suspect excessive carbon build-up on the slots as a possible problem) So, I'll keep the board posted.