The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bypass valve question (I somehow deleated the other X_X)

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Supernova

Bypass valve question (I somehow deleated the other X_X)

After I accidentally double posted and tried to deleat the duplacate post, I somehow in all my confusion deleated the freakin hole topic!!! :evil: :evil: :x

Ok, I know what everybody said. So....

If i'm driving with my CAI without the valve in the rain(light medium or heavy rain), and I don't go through any monster puddles that would submerge my filter totally to where the valve would work, then i'm just as good as the guy that has the vavle?

it comes down to this... the bypass valve is just added security... it takes a lot of water and alot of air pressure (or lack there of) to get water into the engine through a CAI which is almost 4 feet long. now at partial submersion, the bypass may or may not have that much of a difference (again it only opens when the air presure inside the intake piping drops far enough below pressure outside the intake - enough to suck water into the engine). so really you're asking if it helps? think of it this way... it helps and it only costs less than $50.00... hydrolocking could cost thousands.

Supernova
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>it comes down to this... Â*the bypass valve is just added security... Â*it takes a lot of water and alot of air pressure (or lack there of) to get water into the engine through a CAI which is almost 4 feet long. Â*now at partial submersion, the bypass may or may not have that much of a difference (again it only opens when the air presure inside the intake piping drops far enough below pressure outside the intake - enough to suck water into the engine). Â*so really you're asking if it helps? Â*think of it this way... Â*it helps and it only costs less than $50.00... Â*hydrolocking could cost thousands.</div>

Hmmmm....

I think I might get one. Like you said, it beats paying out your dang butthole for repairs.

btw: whats the pipeing size for the i4 CAI?

Piping size depends on the manufacturer Super. Take a tape measurer and measure the outside diameter of the pipe just to be sure.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Supernova
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Piping size depends on the manufacturer Super. Take a tape measurer and measure the outside diameter of the pipe just to be sure.
    Well, I meant to put AEM in there, but it wouldn't let me edit my post. Justw anted to save myself some trouble.