The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Paint Help!!!!

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    SilverKnight

Paint Help!!!!

I am working on a way to get LED's on our stock mirrors since i have fiberglass experience and some electrical experience. I will be making them and Wolfman83 has the hookup on a spray booth at his college and will be painting them but the thing is that we need a hook-up on the paint. where can we get it cheap we would need the stock red/burgendy paint for his and the stock metallic silver for mine.

there are online places like paintscratch.com that will mix up the paint. uhm, check out your local body shop. some mix their own paints and some maybe can reference you to a place that tehy get their paint. the phone book is another good place to look locally.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

akiraflux
    shoot the guy who painted my trunk/spoiler got the paint from a sherwinn williams store. exact dead on match. but paintscratch would be able to give you the exact paint code. one tip i learned from the guy who painted my shit. take off your gas door and bring it with you when they mix it.

Elwenil
    Ok, I'll toss in my two cents worth since I used to mix Sherwin Williams Automotive paint at the local Fisher/Federated parts store. DON'T BUY CHEAP PAINT! I can't say that enough. S/W is good paint, so is DuPont, and a few others. Best thing to do is call the dealer or DSM and find out what they use at the factory. You get a better match. Some might suggest that since you are painting it yourself that you don't need to buy the expensive stuff. I say that's wrong. A better quality paint will lay smoother and be less headaches for a less experienced painter. Not to say that Wolfman83 can't paint, but just as general info for everyone. If you are going to buy cheap paint, you might as well just paint them with some of the color matched paint from Wal-Mart or the dealer has small cans of touch up spray but it's expensive and not real good for much. My advice would be to do the basecoat, clearcoat deal to get a good match to the rest of the car. Drying times and humidity can affect the outcome of the color and hue, so it's best to do it at a pro shop. Taking you fuel door (or other small body color object) is a good idea so they can scan it to match to your slightly aged (faded) paint. It will show. All this is useless if you are just wanting to get it done, but for a professional show worthly look and durability, get it done right. But that's just me. We all have to do what we can afford. I'm still saving for rims!
    Later...

When I painted my kit/hood I went to a local paint shop that sold automotive paint. they mix it for ya and can give you eveything you need.
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

SilverKnight
    thanks for the info guys im gonna try to get a hook up where you can put the leds in without having to paint it hopefully so i dont have to put more money into it.

Awesome

Awesome info guys. Thanks for all that. yeah i definitely don't have the skills to paint something thats why I know an auto body painter who can do it for free but all we were gonna need is paint. Now hopefully Silverknight and I can work up something that doesn't need painting. Goodluck to us.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net