The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The OEM muffler

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Senior TGC Member

The OEM muffler

This is not a performance mod, but rather just some information you guys may find informative. In case you guys were wondering why Manybrews keeps saying that the factory muffler is not very restrictive, it's because it really isn't that bad. In fact, it shares almost the exact construction as the Integra type R factory muffler. If I can find the picture or diagram of the cutaway I will post it as a visual aid.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

i haven't looked inside of my muffler but here's a picture of the 3g's muffler. could have the similar design

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I have honestly heard the same thing, its just that brick of a muffler mitsubishi gives us ways what 40ish lbs. Comparing that to an aftermarket one you shave 20 or more pounds off.

Senior TGC Member
    It's a good thing they didn't go with a dual exhaust setup
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

tim888tim
    A heavier muffler though is one way to lower your car. Use that plus a 500lb anvil in the trunk and you don't need aftermarket springs for the back at least.

Quote Originally Posted by tim888tim
    A heavier muffler though is one way to lower your car. Use that plus a 500lb anvil in the trunk and you don't need aftermarket springs for the back at least.
    omg ur right! wtf was i thinking!

im thinking, just load up on fat bishes...or tons of skinny ones.